Bumped Jordan Murdoch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with others.
Thought he was good on Friday but I expected that type of footy from him 40 games ago.

He has an issue that can never be fixed. He's too one sided.
And I think that makes him choose options with disposal that aren't really there.

No one ever blocks for him when he comes through so that he gets a clear disposal under less pressure.
Also I think he hits the contest too early. So when he gets it he's crowded, has no right side lateral movement, and is effectively trapped.

I'd like him to get it in downhill skiing mode more often. I think him running onto a forward flank and having it given to him is where he can do damage.

Oh, I've been an advocate for the removal of Guthrie too, just as much as I am Murdoch and Stanley. We won't contend whilst these blokes are in the side.

So if JM runs through a banner congratulating him on his 100th are you going to boo or turn to the person next to you and say "this guy is absolute crap"?

I know you won't be there so no need to answer. This thread was rebooted to pat him on the back yet within minutes he was being attacked for every * up over his career. Incredible.

So if JM runs through a banner congratulating him on his 100th are you going to boo or turn to the person next to you and say "this guy is absolute crap"?

I know you won't be there so no need to answer. This thread was rebooted to pat him on the back yet within minutes he was being attacked for every **** up over his career. Incredible.

There isn’t a need for congratulations, any supporter with half a brain knows that Murdoch has done little to earn 100 games, rather they were gifted to him, or injuries permitted (more so the former). He started showing small signs of improvement less then 20 games ago - absolutely deplorable for his age and the experiential exposure he’s been granted.

I will shamelessly be shaking my head when he runs through the banner, is it is fault? No, im more disappointed in the MC and Club. Call my behaviour ordinary but it’s been pathetic.

Let's not get overly emotional now, eh?
I know you won't be there so no need to answer. This thread was rebooted to pat him on the back yet within minutes he was being attacked for every **** up over his career. Incredible.
Why won't I be there?

I thought you'd move to QLD. So I was wrong. Will you be going to the Carlton game at KP?
I thought you were trying to imply that I don't attend games.

No idea. Hopefully I get this job and can move up ASAP.

He’s at his best when he tackles like an animal. He smashed one GWS player on Friday night, that’s worth a lot. He was a beast against the dogs last year. For some reason he doesn’t bring the heat every game, he has deficiencies so he needs to. All players who run at his speed spray it from time to time - wojo, Danger and Murdoch. Danger sprays it a lot - but he’s a star so we forgive him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could he play as a tagger?
Not sure he has the football intelligence... His strengths are his speed and booming kicks. Weaknesses - decision making and disposal. When he brings intensity he becomes a real asset - he needs to keep that confidence and bring it every game. Hopefully his decision making can continue to improve because he has the assets. He is one I don't mind keeping on our list for a while because he is rarely injured and offers value to the team when playing well.

This guy is so bloody frustrating - he has the skills (except a decent right foot) but his mental side is stuffed. Send him to a psychiatrist to fix him, as for teaching him decision making skills - maybe we are stuffed, not sure if they can be taught. He also strikes me as SOFT, can he fire up for once and have a go at someone and not wince like a pansy just before gets tackled. I want him to bury someone into the ground, its not as if he is small - he has muscle mass.
This was back in 2016. Looks like he has improved his mental side and plays with more mongrel. Just needs to bring it every game and continue working on his disposal efficiency and decision making.

He tends to go better at KP. The rushed long kicks more often find themselves to 50:50 situations than an opposition loose man. And I guess cause we structure better at that ground it just seems to get more value out of his possessions. Which is weird because you would think the bigger grounds suit him. I reckon he's been alright at the G this year but in the past has got lost there, similar to other wide grounds. Etihad is another where he tends to play better.

I think at home he seems more up for the frenetic pressure components as well, would love to compare his tackle numbers at home vs away over the past couple of seasons. I'm not confident he will ever be a finals performer, but he's handy depth to get us there.

What I've liked is that over the past month he's become smarter with his ball use. Previously it was often a case of run hard then kick long, and while he still does that it's more of a calculated option now. He seems to be lowering his eyes more and hitting shorter targets. He's also backing himself to use his speed far more often.

I've always liked him and it's pleasing to see him be a key contributor lately.

He's starting to use his pace to impact matches this year and breaking lines which is opening up games.

You can still he still wants to get back onto his left foot but he's not really getting caught when trying to do so

He does some nice things but one feels he is only one fluffed moment away from the guillotine of criticism. He needs something to separate him from the other player or he will be an crosshair player at year end.
That's the one way of looking at him. I prefer this way.
What I've liked is that over the past month he's become smarter with his ball use. Previously it was often a case of run hard then kick long, and while he still does that it's more of a calculated option now. He seems to be lowering his eyes more and hitting shorter targets. He's also backing himself to use his speed far more often.

I've always liked him and it's pleasing to see him be a key contributor lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back