Bumped Jordan Murdoch

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been a pretty big critic but I think last year showed he's a real confidence player - when he's feeling more comfortable he starts being willing to lower his eyes and to carry the ball. He's always been physically powerful but I don't think he's a very natural player. Like a few though the question is whether or not he'll be able to maintain that confidence and poise on the G in September.

What I've liked is that over the past month he's become smarter with his ball use. Previously it was often a case of run hard then kick long, and while he still does that it's more of a calculated option now. He seems to be lowering his eyes more and hitting shorter targets. He's also backing himself to use his speed far more often.

I've always liked him and it's pleasing to see him be a key contributor lately.
This is definitely true. Murdoch's been hitting up targets on a semi regular basis the past few weeks.

Really liking what he's producing over the last few weeks.
Terrific V Kangas with 20 pretty much faultless touches and 4 quality inside 50's , even 2 very good contested marks.
Fantastic turnaround , been a factor behind our improved form :)

Terrific V Kangas with 20 pretty much faultless touches and 4 quality inside 50's , even 2 very good contested marks.
I'll give you that
I've noticed the aboriginal boys have seemed to take a liking to Jordan
They seem to be sharing the ball with him quite a lot
Seems to have done his game the world of good
Keep you eye on Kelly and Jones particularly looking for him and vice versa

his speed and long kick are being used to advantage, and he is being physical
good luck to him

good squad being assembled at present

Murda is putting together a nice little stretch of games.

He's never gonna be A Grade - but thats not a slight on him, most players aren't. But we need a pacy, hard defending and long kicking player. If he can play to his strengths and keep playing his role, he has a place in the 22.

Go Catters

Back to the real Jordan on the weekend.
Frustrating, infuriating, irritating are just a few of the many ways i choose to describe everyone's favourite whipping boy.
Just cant perform under serious heat.
So we are expecting to maintain a high level
But parsons, gregson, McCarthy, zuthrie, all went completely missing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are expecting to maintain a high level
But parsons, gregson, McCarthy, zuthrie, all went completely missing

The small forwards again... its been that we for a long time. I really do not want to see any of these guys who injury sponges brought in till they are hard. .. but one can see what happens the temptation of talent ...

Any side can carry a couple of guys who are just good enough ... even our best side had guys who would look ordinary in worst sides..

To be fair .. I think a harder criticism should go to guys like 2e who have come in ... he made butcher the cow a couple of time too.

The small forwards again... its been that we for a long time. I really do not want to see any of these guys who injury sponges brought in till they are hard. .. but one can see what happens the temptation of talent ...

Any side can carry a couple of guys who are just good enough ... even our best side had guys who would look ordinary in worst sides..

To be fair .. I think a harder criticism should go to guys like 2e who have come in ... he made butcher the cow a couple of time too.
totally agree
2e and menegola take the accolades but have not performed in deep pressure situations

Once again this pathetic excuse of a footballer can get dragged over the hot coals. I've actually never seen a player reach 100 games and be so consistently useless. Needs to be working at Myer in the women's shoe section.

Hopefully Scott and the coaching staff get a clue.

Once again this pathetic excuse of a footballer can get dragged over the hot coals. I've actually never seen a player reach 100 games and be so consistently useless. Needs to be working at Myer in the women's shoe section.

But some on here think he played ok last night lol

seriously smash the 22nd player picked last night
we lost because our leaders were shite
1. danger gave away free kicks, and sooked it up
-missed easy shots
-missed targets
2. ablett had average disposal
-he kicked into the mark twice

murdoch was up and about during the year, and his confidence was killed by poor management
he would have kicked the goal, when menegola was selfish and dropped the mark

but lets kick murdoch

what was apparent was how composed occonor was, when the rest of the team were s**t

He showed flashes of brilliance up forward...back in 2013-14 or so. Since then he's been moved all around the ground and never found his place anywhere. He's alright in the head of the moment relying on instinct but as soon as a situation takes some thought he has a great habit of picking the 3rd of two options (perfect example being the HTB in the 1st quarter last night).

The guy will be 27 next year, it would be astonishing to see him improve to just being an alright player at this point in his career.

At a minimum surely players like Narkle and Fogarty are played ahead of him. If he has to play he needs to be a deep pressure forward.

s
murdoch was up and about during the year, and his confidence was killed by poor management

what was apparent was how composed occonor was, when the rest of the team were s**t

Can't agree on Murdoch. He was dropped justly because he lost form mid-season. He's a trier at best. I recall in the first final against Richmond last year when his two kicks for goal in the first quarter hit the two opposite point posts! But I do agree that he wasn't the problem last night.

And I agree that O'Connor showed the sort of courage, composure and discipline lacking in our supposed leaders.

Are we seriously smashing a guy who missed a fair chunk of the match to undertaking the concussion test which forced him from the field?

Last night wasn't his best match but he was far from our worse player - at least there was effort when on the field as shown by his 5 tackles which was equalled or bettered by only 7 teammates; Menegola & Scooter with 2 tackles each & Duncan with 3 need to seriously look at their efforts from last night; all 3 have career best double figures tackle counts but couldn't reach double figures together.

Murdoch isn't the reason we lost last night, there were others who were more costly in their efforts or lack there of

Are we seriously smashing a guy who missed a fair chunk of the match to undertaking the concussion test which forced him from the field?

Last night wasn't his best match but he was far from our worse player - at least there was effort when on the field as shown by his 5 tackles which was equalled or bettered by only 7 teammates; Menegola & Scooter with 2 tackles each & Duncan with 3 need to seriously look at their efforts from last night; all 3 have career best double figures tackle counts but couldn't reach double figures together.

Murdoch isn't the reason we lost last night, there were others who were more costly in their efforts or lack there of
People will hang him out to dry because of when he got caught holding the ball, which happened with him actually trying to show some intent but then stuffed due to no movement or targets up the field.

He wasn't great, but he wasn't the worst or deserving of being singled out

People will hang him out to dry because of when he got caught holding the ball, which happened with him actually trying to show some intent but then stuffed due to no movement or targets up the field.

Agreed. Atleast he tries to take the game on and move it quickly and long and with some direction. Much worse than him last night.

Murdoch had 1 kick in a qt and a half before he went off

And Taylor stood there and watched while his opponent went in to make it a two man tackle instead of shepherding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back