Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit, have never quite understood the 150 game milestone.

It’s a nice number of games, sure, but it’s sort of in the middle of things.

Well done Jordan, all the same.

I think anything over 100 is good. A milestone is still one. Especially since not everyone gets to 100, less alone 150 or more.
That’s a fair point.

Hard to get games, so I guess each 50 deserves something.

Anyone else reckon he dropped a few kg’s for his first year in the b&w? May just be the change of jerseys... but he has looked much more toned then i’ve seen him before. Looked for some pics to see if i was right;
View attachment 686922View attachment 686923

I thought that too when I saw him during the Pre-Season Game.

Might be more Fit

He was really good on the weekend, has been all year in fact.
Surprised he wasn’t listed in the bests against Freo to be honest.
Congrats Jordy.

He's been good since about round 5. Has found his mojo and looks comfortable in his role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a good looking rooster.
Carries himself well too.
I wonder why Bad Horse preferred Schache lint over our Roughy?

Then again, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Has been great for us and appears to be getting better as the year goes along. Hasn't looked like having a bag kicked on him, contested marking becoming a trademark and kicking is super reliable.
Kudos to our recruitment team for thinking.. "forget two rucks, let's try four. One full back, one CHB, one midfield and one full forward."

The Collingwood fullback lives around the corner from his new home at the Holden Centre in the middle of Melbourne's sporting precinct and can come and go as he pleases.

"I don't get recognised and I love it," Roughead says. "I put the glasses on and I become invisible which is nice."

He then jokes: "I think it helps that you don't get a kick also."

It's not how many kicks Roughead gets which matters, it's how few his opponents have been getting this season which has quickly seen him become a favourite of the Collingwood army.

This was highlighted back in Round 10 when he stood Sydney star Lance Franklin and kept him to six touches.

"To be honest I was probably lucky to get him in his first game back and he was looking for some match fitness," he says.

"I'd actually spent a half on him in a NAB Cup game back in about 2012 and he kicked three or four that day so at least it went better this time."

The sight of Roughead, 28, holding together Collingwood's back half is a weekly dagger in the heart of Western Bulldogs fans who still struggle to work out how easily he was let go.

Given the Dogs lack of tall defenders it's certainly a head scratcher, but the man himself is adamant he's a different person and player to the one who was wallowing in the VFL last year which accelerated his exit from the Whitten Oval.
"I put a lot of it down to the change of environment," Roughead explains.
"I think there is a bit of desire to prove that last year … it was almost like my career was winding down and that I wasn't going to spend much more time in the game.

It had got to the point where it probably would have been not play, over playing for the Bulldogs, so I knew that I needed a fresh look at it and a clean slate to start again.
"I still had the belief. I still believed in myself and my ability. I knew that with players and coaches around me that believed in me then I would be able to get out there and play some good footy."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/157658a017ffc27640d0866382fc7702

Well earned his spot in best team round 12.

Been such a surprise. Well done Jordan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back