coxon

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
ahh.. feck... here we go...

-------------------------------------

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 (AP) -- Michael Jordan was simply awesome. His team was not.

Jordan showed he can still dunk, still take over a game, and still score 40-plus. He was the Jordan of old in a five-minute stretch in the third quarter. He scored 41, but his Washington Wizards were helpless without him in Saturday night's 102-95 loss to the New Jersey Nets.

But there was no doubt that Jordan was back. He played 33 minutes, shot 15-for-24 from the field and 9-for-11 from the line. In the third quarter, he almost single-handedly closed an 18-point deficit to two. He scored 16 of 20 Wizards points during the stretch, making the first dunk of his comeback and going 6-for-6 with two 3-pointers. He also assisted on one of the other baskets with a no-look pass to Courtney Alexander.
jordan_dunk_011020.jpg
MJ takes off for his first dunk as a Wizard

Now that's what I wanted to hear after getting him 2nd round in our Fantasy Draft!! If only I didn't stuff my first round pick up...

Jesus Christ he's a legend....if only the Wizards could give him a hand so they could win the game. However there second best player and second option on offence in Rip Hamilton didnt play so i guess its not all bad.

Also impressive was his 6 boards and 4 assists, plus no turnovers. A huge game all round. What a legend!

The man is a freak of nature ... but please guys ... don't get too excited. These are only pre-season games remember! Teams don't really take them seriously and see it as an opportunity to play some of their foreigners that might not even make a team's roster.

I'm sure Iverson, Bryant, Carter and co. will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of lining up against the old man!! :p

Originally posted by topdon
The man is a freak of nature ... but please guys ... don't get too excited. These are only pre-season games remember! Teams don't really take them seriously and see it as an opportunity to play some of their foreigners that might not even make a team's roster.

I'm sure Iverson, Bryant, Carter and co. will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of lining up against the old man!! :p

Oh we all understand that its only the preseason and things are yet to get serious but these are encouraging signs and im sure MJ is just as eager to play Kobe and Iverson as vice versa.

I think the Wizards are a real chance for a playoff spot.

I'm not going over the top, but as an MJ fan it's a bit hard NOT to get excited. MJ's still working himself up to where he wants to be, so he's still got a lot of improvement left in him. He's hardly got out of second gear. ;)

And I know what he's thinking regarding the Iverson's and Bryant's of the NBA: "Bring 'em on" :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back