Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank goodness Butts has established himself so quickly losing Talia quicker than expected & moving on Keath/Hartigan... along with other younger players like McAsey not coming on as expected.

Thank goodness Butts has established himself so quickly losing Talia quicker than expected & moving on Keath/Hartigan... along with other younger players like McAsey not coming on as expected.
I rate him as our most important player right now. If he gets injured or his form drops away it is very slim pickings indeed in terms of options to replace him. Murray or McAsey is about it. Hopefully we can find one in the mid season draft now that Sloane's injury has opened up a spot.

Adelaide key defender Jordon Butts has recommitted to the Crows by signing a three-year contract extension to the end of 2026.

KULCHA

Butts said he had formed some strong friendships at the Club and he was excited to be part of Adelaide’s climb back up the AFL ladder.

“The Club gave me an opportunity in the draft and hopefully I’m able to repay that faith in me,” he said.

“I have really enjoyed my time here, a lot of my teammates are also my close friends and each year it feels like we are building towards something special so it’s great to be part of that.”

He played his role last night even if not fully 100% fit. Good, honest performer who is not slow and has quite reasonable skills. Our only truly very tall defender. Bargain considering where he was taken in the rookie draft! Win, win all round.

Nice. We need to tie up the Vic backline players ASAP. Next Dude and another extension for Murraym
Murray is signed until the end of 2025.

Worrell is the other one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back