Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like joining the Rutten/Bock list of rookie listed Crows who became KPDs at AFL level.

I guess Hartigan goes on that list too, played 100 games for us. Not sure if Keath counts.

It's still early days but Butts looks like being a quality player. Very handy pickup late in the rookie draft. Other than recycled players or re-listed rookies, he was almost the last player picked up in the 2018 draft. After him, the only "new" player to get drafted was Tom Wilkinson, who left North Melbourne the following year to become a reality TV star, haha.

I like big Butts. Seriously he looks a quality KPD. Like Talia he probably needs players running off him.
Can't agree there, Butts has great running capabilities and is a far more efficient ball user than Talia. Once he gets more experience at the level I think he's more Nathan Bock than Daniel Talia offensively....I doubt Jordan will ever have the stopper/shut down ability of Talia that said.

Was playing Rocket League last night and saw a user with the name "JordButts69", given that our man is a gamer i'd assume it was him. Left the game before i could say hi. Lol @ 69

So close to a beautiful friendship forming.

Butts has been a revelation. Not bad for a #58 rookie pick.

Other very decent #58 rookie picks = Alex Keath, James Podsiadly, Jarryn Geary, Sam Naismith, and the best of all, Kieran Jack.

Excellent pick. He is performing much better than anyone expected.

Lets hope we don't use any more early picks on KPD players again and just stick to late picks or rookies.
Butts has been a revelation. Not bad for a #58 rookie pick.

Other very decent #58 rookie picks = Alex Keath, James Podsiadly, Jarryn Geary, Sam Naismith, and the best of all, Kieran Jack.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent pick. He is performing much better than anyone expected.

Lets hope we don't use any more early picks on KPD players again and just stick to late picks or rookies.

yep..and whats better - we have Borlase who looks to be developing nicely in the SANFL side - has some real poise to his game. Still a way from a league debut but he looks a long term player for us. Lets hope Murray can also find his niche down back

Can't agree there, Butts has great running capabilities and is a far more efficient ball user than Talia. Once he gets more experience at the level I think he's more Nathan Bock than Daniel Talia offensively....I doubt Jordan will ever have the stopper/shut down ability of Talia that said.

Good call - seeing the Bock comparison more and more over the last couple of weeks. Couldnt have hoped for more, looks very impressive.

Bock is a good comparison. Right down to the thing where he gets that "wtf do I do now?!" look with ball in hand! :)

(Older posters may recall when that was a thing)
Agree, shares some of Bocks attributes, including athleticism. What is great is that he is also now listed as 198cm whereas Bock was 193. Butts can use the ball pretty well. Looking forward to seeing him grow in confidence. Some really good spoils of late even when out of position. That height, reach and athleticism is a very handy combination.

Ahh Nathan Bock. What a blast from the not so past.

If i recall Bock had 1 stellar year at CHB after playing mostly forward, then was cruelled by injury and ended up at GC.
Bock is a good comparison. Right down to the thing where he gets that "wtf do I do now?!" look with ball in hand! :)

(Older posters may recall when that was a thing)

Ahh Nathan Bock. What a blast from the not so past.

If i recall Bock had 1 stellar year at CHB after playing mostly forward, then was cruelled by injury and ended up at GC.

You dont recall so well - neither do i these days, but luckily we have these internets here to help......

Was exceptional 2007 -2010. Elite - and i dont use that term as lightly as many here. Regular 20-30 touch CHB are not so common.

What i remember most though was just how bad he was before he came good. There was a final (Eagles?) where he was terrible. I remember thinking "this guy will never be an AFL player". Then he was - and he was bloody good for a while, started with a game shutting down Riewoldt at his peak. Have always considered myself a decent judge of talent and my take away from that was talls can come good later. Cant think of many mids that turned it around to the same degree, but loathe to write talls off early now.

What i remember most though was just how bad he was before he came good. There was a final (Eagles?) where he was terrible. I remember thinking "this guy will never be an AFL player". Then he was - and he was bloody good for a while, started with a game shutting down Riewoldt at his peak. Have always considered myself a decent judge of talent and my take away from that was talls can come good later. Cant think of many mids that turned it around to the same degree, but loathe to write talls off early now.
It's funny, because my reaction to seeing Bock in his first game or 2 was "he looks like he belongs out there".

Not putting myself out as a superior judge, I'm far from it, but just how people can see different things, perhaps.

You're right about developing talls, for sure.

You dont recall so well - neither do i these days, but luckily we have these internets here to help......

Was exceptional 2007 -2010. Elite - and i dont use that term as lightly as many here. Regular 20-30 touch CHB are not so common.

Used to take N Riewoldt in his prime when not many others could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back