Recommitted Josh Battle [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m hearing North will do anything to get him at any cost.
This could be dangerous if this is true.
As long as we don’t give up our 1st pick or the 1st pick we got from the Red and Blue draft cheats

I’m hearing North will do anything to get him at any cost.
This could be dangerous if this is true.
As long as we don’t give up our 1st pick or the 1st pick we got from the Red and Blue draft cheats
Can play at both ends and with reduced lists that will be hugely valuable

Second rounder is around the mark for him out of contract and not established yet

He should be established, it’s laughable he wasn’t in that round 1 side.
If one of Norths first round picks ended up in the teens, I would be happy to give it up for him. He is young and showed very good signs, particularly down back last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't like to part with him as there's plenty of promise, but I can see him being put on the table given our dearth of picks beyond our first rounder and the likelihood of reduced list sizes. Saints will definitely push for a first rounder, whether there's anything coming back or some other reshuffle will depend on where that first rounder lies, what currency both clubs have at that time and how badly Battle wants to get to any particular club.

He should be established, it’s laughable he wasn’t in that round 1 side.
If one of Norths first round picks ended up in the teens, I would be happy to give it up for him. He is young and showed very good signs, particularly down back last year.

More then likely according to the so called experts we will be in the bottom half of the ladder and if the Red and Blue draft cheats finish around the the bottom half of the ladder then we will have 2 picks in the top 10.
Now with Clayton,Rawlings and Shaw in charge there will be NO WAY we will give up a 1st Round pick for Battle unless we get something in Return maybe there a chance for a there 2021 1st pick? But if that Fuc:ing Di:Khead Joyce and BS Brad Scott we’re still in charge then we would give up our 2 x 1st picks for this year and our 1st pick in the 2021,2022 and 2023 drafts for him.

More then likely according to the so called experts we will be in the bottom half of the ladder and if the Red and Blue draft cheats finish around the the bottom half of the ladder then we will have 2 picks in the top 10.
Now with Clayton,Rawlings and Shaw in charge there will be NO WAY we will give up a 1st Round pick for Battle unless we get something in Return maybe there a chance for a there 2021 1st pick? But if that Fuc:ing Di:Khead Joyce and BS Brad Scott we’re still in charge then we would give up our 2 x 1st picks for this year and our 1st pick in the 2021,2022 and 2023 drafts for him.

Depends on what happens with list sizes, but North could potentially split one of those top 10 picks.
In recent years clubs have tried to trade up to get ahead of a bid and with so many academy/FS kids this year, there would be plenty of opportunities to split a pick. Rawlings also has a history of accumulating picks in that late first round to early second round.
Depending on the depth of the top end talent, I wouldn’t be against going in with 3 first rounders with a couple in the teens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be perfect for them...wouldn't be the first player to go from the saints to the Hawks and become a star. So hopefully he stays a saint.
Out of curiosity how many have left us and become stars at Hawthorn?
Joel Smith was a gun for us before his injury and went on to be a good player.
McEvoy & Guerra were good players too..

Out of curiosity how many have left us and become stars at Hawthorn?
Joel Smith was a gun for us before his injury and went on to be a good player.
McEvoy & Guerra were good players too..

I was thinking about Russ Green and Big Boy but I was not really saying that the players were bad at the saints.. more that over the years Haw have the ability to make their recruits look better in their group. Has anyone consistantly recruited traded better than Haw?

I was thinking about Russ Green and Big Boy but I was not really saying that the players were bad at the saints.. more that over the years Haw have the ability to make their recruits look better in their group. Has anyone consistantly recruited traded better than Haw?

I don't think McEvoy left the Saints and became a star at Hawthorn.

He was already a very good footballer when he was traded. He didn't become a significantly better footballer at the Hawks.

He was already a very good footballer when he was traded. He didn't become a significantly better footballer at the Hawks.
Yeh I don’t think anyone has left us and become a ‘star’ at Hawthorn.
McEvoy is very good, but won’t be remembered for being a great ruckman. At least he got some premierships which would’ve obviously never happened with us.

Its opinion , the term itself is ambit. Have any players gone from being non AA to AA at Haw? Not sure but that would be easier to define than the term star. Simply by becoming a Premiership player I think that increases credibility. Lake for example or Gibbson. It was more an observation that I think Haw could swoop on a player like this and he become the latest in long line of successful 'swoops'. Like or dislike them, on has to admire their success at trade time.

The term 'Star' was probably inaccurate and was a poor choice , probably used in attempt at brevity. It was probably more concise than accurate. Media articles continually references afl stars rather than just afl players. If the term is too loose then Id say a player that elevated his reputation by going there. Just by being in a successful side players become recognised as better. Id say Ottens for example played very good footy at Rich but became a star at Geelong. Opportunity to play in big games in finals in successful sides etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back