Senior Josh Battle

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this has been asked but will battle if he's not playing in the AFL play for Sandy/ Sandy reserves or his school, given he's Completing year 12? Due to the limited numbers agreement at sandy and also with the byes does this mean possibly he plays a few games for his school? Also can someone tell me what the difference in standard is like between private school football in Melbourne and the dev league?

Not sure if this has been asked but will battle if he's not playing in the AFL play for Sandy/ Sandy reserves or his school, given he's Completing year 12? Due to the limited numbers agreement at sandy and also with the byes does this mean possibly he plays a few games for his school? Also can someone tell me what the difference in standard is like between private school football in Melbourne and the dev league?

I reckon he'll play for sandy reserves.

I think there's only about 8 rounds in APS footy and it's a really good standard. I'd guess higher than dev league football but have never watched dev league so a pure guess. I imagine he'll play the school footy games and Sandy when it fits in.

APS football is probably a level just slightly below tac cup
Development league is probably similar to tac

Surely he plays VFL. The only pure forward they will have. Either that or 2/3 ruckman playing forward
I'd hope so as well I am just wondering when Sandy have a bye, if he is not selected for the saints, whether he plays for his school?

A lot of it will probably come down to where he's training. If he's at school, he won't be training with us, as we train in the morning or early arvo I think, so perhaps he trains with Sandy, if they train late arvo and then he trains with us during school hols.

If he's not training with us or Sandy and only training with his school and/or TAC Cup team, then I'd have doubts that we'd want him playing Sandy seniors.

I'd hope so as well I am just wondering when Sandy have a bye, if he is not selected for the saints, whether he plays for his school?

I would guess that it will work the other way around... when the school has a game he will play for them and when they dont (they only play 8-10 games) he will play some at Sandy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically doing a few extra subjects to push up enter score up. Will replace is bottom two subjects.

It's a good advantage as not all students have access to that many subjects.
Yep, as stated in the Random Discussion thread, I wasn't the happiest of campers during that stage of my own life, so I ended up doing Years 12 and 13: 4 subjects one year, 3 the next. Really helped bump up my TER by a long way. I think it's a great option for Agincourt.

Basically doing a few extra subjects to push up enter score up. Will replace his bottom two subjects.

Normally it's done by students trying to get into the courses with highest requirement such as medicine etc

Strange. How does he go from Yr 11 this year to year 13 next year?

Yep, as stated in the Random Discussion thread, I wasn't the happiest of campers during that stage of my own life, so I ended up doing Years 12 and 13: 4 subjects one year, 3 the next. Really helped bump up my TER by a long way. I think it's a great option for Agincourt.

My daughter had health issues, and it would have been a major challenge to do it in a year with all the school she had to miss.
So she applied for it and had it approved, though i think they treat it more as Year 12 spread over 2 years. Since she's with other year 12 students most of the time. She's just finished her first year 12 with one more to go.

My first reaction would be to think that , as a StKilda listed player, he would play and train with his teammates. Whether that be in AFL, VFL or VFL development.

But its only the way that i think is logical. Are there any others who have played school Football after they were drafted?

Jack Steven didn't go near school footy in year 12. Don't think he even did PE classes!

Basically doing a few extra subjects to push up enter score up. Will replace his bottom two subjects.

Normally it's done by students trying to get into the courses with highest requirement such as medicine etc
Never heard of it

You mean when you fail subjects the first time round?

Never heard of it

You mean when you fail subjects the first time round?

I think you can do ( for example ) basic mathematics, where the completion is worth a certain amount of points to your total.
If you then replace it with higher level mathematics you can get more points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back