Toast Josh Battle re-signs until 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good news. He'd get plenty of interest from other teams. Could have his pick between slotting in as a forward or back at at least half a dozen teams. Makes perfect sense for him to sign a two year deal. Would be backing himself in to have a big two years and get a big deal after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think there will be anyone asking to be traded. We’re starting to look like a real side.

I agree.
Hopefully getting to the stage where players are prepared to sacrifice a few $$$ for the sake of building a great team. Now they can see that we should be going places.
Important player for us into the future. I’m rapt.

I agree.
Hopefully getting to the stage where players are prepared to sacrifice a few $$$ for the sake of building a great team. Now they can see that we should be going places.
Important player for us into the future. I’m rapt.
I think the guys who have been around for a few years like Battle have put in the hard yards and would want to stay Now that they are seeing results. Players like Steele and Billings won’t be going anywhere.

I think the guys who have been around for a few years like Battle have put in the hard yards and would want to stay Now that they are seeing results. Players like Steele and Billings won’t be going anywhere.
Team / Ratten have created a atmosphere that no one wants to leave - Ryder said he joined just because of the excitement he felt at the club.

This is great news. A kid with pretty high potential, but we're seemingly struggling to find the right spot for him. When he missed Round 1 I was pretty concerned about him checking out his options.

2 years is short but I'm sure he's backing himself to be able to ask for a lot more coin when it comes around.

Wew!

As we get better there will be more clubs looking at our list and doing what we're doing, looking for the talented player that is being played out of position, not getting the opportunities their talent justifies and if I was another club I'd have targeted Josh big time.

I'm relieved and delighted he's signed on so soon.

As we get better there will be more clubs looking at our list and doing what we're doing, looking for the talented player that is being played out of position, not getting the opportunities their talent justifies and if I was another club I'd have targeted Josh big time.

I'm relieved and delighted he's signed on so soon.
If I were Brisbane, I would have been all over him. They've got cash to splash and have a need for a forward to support Hipwood. Would have fit their age demographic well too. Am very happy he's committed to the saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back