Senior Josh Battle

Remove this Banner Ad

Still wants to Finnish year 12 next year . Convenient that he goes to haileyburu Berwick close to Seaford wouldn't expect him to play next year.
Yes he is in my daughters class most of their classes are at Keysbrough next year

I do wonder how much having to wait for a bloke to do year 12 in his debut year hurts their draft stock. All the better for us in this case, it's not like we have to rush him in (unlike some teams)

First of all hes 194cm
Second he was ill with ankle sprain at combine. Ffs terrible journo work here.
I agree. And if he was that unlikely surely he wouldn't have been invited to the draft!
This is a great pick up.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. He can finish his schooling and develop under us at Sandy. Last year if all of Bruce, Paddy and Skunk were playing AFL we had no forwards playing for the Zebs. We need to develop that other forward possibility in case an injury happens. At worst we have great forward depth. At best we've drafted a star player of the future.

I just don't think he has what it takes to be a midfielder. I know everyone is chasing the next Bont but a lot of big guys just don't have the agility to run through the midfield.

I like the idea of Membrey running through the midfield. He's one touch with ground balls and if he keeps dropping bulk and getting fitter he may be an option for us.

I do wonder how much having to wait for a bloke to do year 12 in his debut year hurts their draft stock. All the better for us in this case, it's not like we have to rush him in (unlike some teams)
That would be why teams like freo brisbane etc passed on him IMO

Well with Lee and Shenton both delisted we don't have one back up forward so to get this guy with pick 39 is pretty decent.
I hope they turn him into a mid we need a big body like that in there. Someone who can rotate forward and kick goals too. If they pigeon hole him forward I'll be annoyed but think Richo wants that flexibility in the side. Lets hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't think he has what it takes to be a midfielder. I know everyone is chasing the next Bont but a lot of big guys just don't have the agility to run through the midfield.
I'm not comparing him to bont. There's more to bont than just height. he's played thru the midfield at times and looked comfortable.

Wow! Didn't realise he's so young in his draft class. Kid has talent, no question. Give him time in a professional environment and he could be anything. Could be the steal of the draft.
Welcome to the Saints Josh.

Bont isn't very agile & is slow as treacle off the mark. Once he gets going he builds up momentum more than speed.

He knocks bloke over with his size & gets to the ball due to his fantastic ability to read the play.

Whether Battle can develop into a tall mid is obviously yet to be answered. We do know he's a old fashioned footballer with great skills & a big tank.

Agility is an athletic trait can be improved too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back