Josh Bootsma Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm Interested if he knew who he was sending the snaps to, or he was just bulk sending them to his friends list on it or whatever. If one of those people were 15, but he didn't know, what are the legal implications of that ?
ignorance is no excuse in the court of law...

I'm Interested if he knew who he was sending the snaps to, or he was just bulk sending them to his friends list on it or whatever. If one of those people were 15, but he didn't know, what are the legal implications of that ?

they would need convincing evidence. that would be very hard to prove. plus theres the on going messages side

Under the charges which come immediately to mind (grooming/procuring under Commonwealth legislation), it is a defence if he believed the recipient was 16+.

If he didn't know, or didn't think about it, then he may have a problem in that respect.

The key point is not so much what he sent, but the purpose for which it was sent. If it was just something he was randomly sending around and it happened to go to a 15-year-old, it's not so much of an issue. If he sent it to the girl in the context of sexualised chat with her...then he's in some strife.

True, it was in todays paper.

"JOSH Bootsma’s social media indiscretions stretch to last year and an away game on the Gold Coast.
The young defender was a late withdrawal from the Carlton team to play the Suns in Round 18 last year, citing gastro.

He told officials he was too sick to even travel to the game and stayed behind at the team hotel where he was joined by his girlfriend.

While the Blues were having a convincing 43-point victory, Bootsma managed to rise from his death bed and find his way down to the beach.

This escape would have gone undetected if not for his fascination with social media. It seems he was so taken by the surrounds that he put a picture on Instagram."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ett-missed-award/story-fnia3gmi-1226942702878
> has massive catering order, thousands of $$$ worth of ordered food for a wedding
> best cook calls in sick, she cites 'gastro'
> second best cook calls in sick, cites 'grandma died'
> works the busiest night, flat out to complete order whilst customers abuse us for being slow
> customers start throwing magazines and newspaper in the store because they have to wait for their food
> get home, almost in tears, worst night I have worked in 5 years
> goes on FB, finds that the two kitchen hands who couldn't come in have been tagged in photos at the same party
> realises no one had gastro and no ones grandma died

That happened to me years ago.....

If you're gonna call in sick or say your sick when your not, make sure people cant see your posts on FB!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bootsma's boost at Thunder
Axed Carlton defender Josh Bootsma has been made a deputy vice-captain at Peel in a shake-up of the Thunder's leadership group.

Bootsma, 22, has been included in a four-man leadership structure for this season. He was appointed despite playing just four league games for Fremantle's WAFL affiliates after he was de-listed by the Blues last year.

Former Essendon forward Leroy Jetta has been added to the leadership group in his first year at the Thunder.

Peel coach Cam Shepherd said Bootsma deserved promotion.
Bootsma's boost at Thunder

How can Bootsma and Jetta can be named as "leaders" is beyond me. :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back