Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

If we recruited Bruce he'd likely be used as the second key forward alongside Naughton. Schache is more suited to the roaming third tall role like Lynch at Adelaide. He has an elite tank, allowing him to run all day, so can run right up the wing and into defence, or even swap out with Naughton and allow him to roam free up the ground taking contested marks up field (similar to how Riewoldt used to for the Saints).

With Keath reported going to dogs despite having a medical at saints and Carlisle being taken off the trade table makes it more likely bruce will be traded. I still think bruce is worth a early second at most despite being 4th in contested marks for the season because he was out with an ACL last year and being a tall ACLs are more likely to re-occur because of load bearing on the knees.

With Keath reported going to dogs despite having a medical at saints and Carlisle being taken off the trade table makes it more likely bruce will be traded. I still think bruce is worth a early second at most despite being 4th in contested marks for the season because he was out with an ACL last year and being a tall ACLs are more likely to re-occur because of load bearing on the knees.
He wasnt out with an ACL last year.

Now that we have realised he has never done an ACL you must value his worth that of your 1st round pick yeh?

Did you read my post? You said we didn't need a midfielder in Martin. I said he wouldn't be a midfielder he'd be a half forward/forward pocket.
We dont need 3 key forwards.
Yeh I did, you said something about Bruce playing back so I said he’d be your key forward along side Naughton.
Did you read my post?!!?

Lol. Love how posters come with reasons why players aren’t worth as much as others say, only to have no idea what they’re talking about.

Oh dear

If we recruited Bruce he'd likely be used as the second key forward alongside Naughton. Schache is more suited to the roaming third tall role like Lynch at Adelaide. He has an elite tank, allowing him to run all day, so can run right up the wing and into defence, or even swap out with Naughton and allow him to roam free up the ground taking contested marks up field (similar to how Riewoldt used to for the Saints).

Agreed, Schache reminds me a lot of Josh Fraser, beautifully skilled big man more suited to 3rd tall. I used to like Fraser but he was pigeon holed on height rather than skillset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he'd be a half forward/forward pocket.
We dont need 3 key forwards.

If Dogs want Bruce and it seems they do it would only be as a key forward.

I think that it would be extremely unlikely that you would play him anywhere else. I also doubt you would pay a high draft coast for someone who would be fora "bit player" role.

Bruce asa forward pocket would be wasting some of his key attributes.

On Bruce:

He is a much better forward than defender.

He is an aerobics beast. Not quite as good as Rooey at that, but what key forward is?

He plays a very physical game and can be that bash and crash key forward that you do not currently have.

Just a though, but I suspect that Bevo may well see a a Naughton/ Bruce key forward duo as superior to your current duo. So he may only want to still play two key forwards.

I doubt he would move Naughton back, as e looks too good as a key forward. I think Bruce would help to make him an eve better key forward.

Bevo is a smart guy and I think that he would have a very clear idea of what he would want Bruce for.

Agreed, Schache reminds me a lot of Josh Fraser, beautifully skilled big man more suited to 3rd tall. I used to like Fraser but he was pigeon holed on height rather than skillset.
Fraser was harder at it than Schache is. Arguably, ruined by being played so much so early.

Bruce is a brilliant contested mark, ditto Naughton. They'd make a great pairing.

Ligament damage to Naughton, could be out for a stretch. Bruce is a must-get now, Saints surely to get huge value for him in a trade

Ligament damage to Naughton, could be out for a stretch. Bruce is a must-get now, Saints surely to get huge value for him in a trade

8 goals in a final and Naughton going down sharpens the focus on Baroose.

We can then flick it to Freo for Hill.

Saints should of hoped for Dogs to win today. Now that first round pick is too high for bruce even by the average saints poster. I expect if saints get dogs first there would be something else coming back to get it done. Saints need 2 high picks and at least of those as a first round for Hill because he wont go for just pick 5. Maybe something like 5 and 11 to freo for hill, dogs get bruce and a future 2nd from freo.

Saints should of hoped for Dogs to win today. Now that first round pick is too high for bruce even by the average saints poster. I expect if saints get dogs first there would be something else coming back to get it done. Saints need 2 high picks and at least of those as a first round for Hill because he wont go for just pick 5. Maybe something like 5 and 11 to freo for hill, dogs get bruce and a future 2nd from freo.
5 and 11 for hill and a second for Freo?

Way way too much. 5 on its own is more than enough.

5 and 11 for hill and a second for Freo?

Way way too much. 5 on its own is more than enough.
Hill is top 5 in the wing. I said 11 is too much for bruce and 5 and 11 is too much for Hill which means there needs to be something coming back dogs way at least. Saints don't have the picks this year to get it done and I don't think freo want picks next year because they will want to start a rebuild as soon as possible.5 alone wont do it for the likes of hill if you think bruce deserves a 1st round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back