Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd place his value somewhere around what Stewart Crameri was worth a few years ago, pick 26. No way our first rounder would be used for a 27 year old non-elite (but good) forward, but I would offer something like pick 30 + pick 46.
How many players do the doggies have who can average 2 goals a game?

How many players do the doggies have who can average 2 goals a game?
Bruce averages 1.64 goals per game. so based on this year Sam Lloyd, Josh Schache and Bailey Dale all average more goals per game. I'd suggest Naughton will improve his output next year as well.

If we happened to land Bruce, we would have an even spread of 4-5 who can kick 30+ goals during the season.

Bruce averages 1.64 goals per game. so based on this year Sam Lloyd, Josh Schache and Bailey Dale all average more goals per game. I'd suggest Naughton will improve his output next year as well.

If we happened to land Bruce, we would have an even spread of 4-5 who can kick 30+ goals during the season.
Lets be honest while Naughton is a great mark kicking needs improvement, Dale has only just got to the forward line and Schache can be anything few years time, but the point is last 3 Bruce has averaged 2goals a game and Doggies havent had a forward like that in a long time.

He did start his career as a backman so not sure overall average is fair

What on Earth are you on about. Not one of those players mentioned averages better than Bruce in their career. Or are we just cherry picking a selected few games this year?

I'd take him at Melbourne but 'one of the best contested marks in the game'? Please.

J McGovern
Darling
Lynch
Riewoldt
Hawkins
Moore
Andrews
Naughton
Curnow
Fyfe

All better off the top of my head.

He's 5th in the AFL for contested marks this season. Ahead of most of those guys.

I didn't say he was the best, but one of. If being 5th in a player pool of 600+ doesn't make him one of the best then I don't know what would.

I can't understand why we'd push him out.

Your first looks like ending up later than where it sits now.
It very well might not

Even so it is overs and you know it

We all know Saints want Ben King and it always a chance they would push Bruce out the door to get him

What on Earth are you on about. Not one of those players mentioned averages better than Bruce in their career. Or are we just cherry picking a selected few games this year?
The original question was, word for word, "
How many players do the doggies have who can average 2 goals a game?"

It's pretty fair to reply with the current season's stats since they are demonstrating the ability to average 2+ goals per game. Bailey Dale averages 2.3 goals per game for the season. Both Schache and Lloyd are averaging more goals per game than Bruce is this season. The most relevant stats to quote are always going to be the most recent performances

I don't think it's overs at all.

Charlie Dixon trade is a good comparison.
You wouldn't, because you are a Saints fan.

But guarantee you would have been one of the ones laughing at the dogs pushing out players and wanting first rounders. And those players were younger and premiership players

Now the shoe may be on the other foot. If the saints want him gone they aren't getting a first rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's overs at all.

Charlie Dixon trade is a good comparison.
Charlie Dixon was 2 years younger and, in the season he was traded, he averaged a goal per game more than Bruce has this year. I wouldn't really compare the two

It's pretty fair to reply with the current season's stats since they are demonstrating the ability to average 2+ goals per game. Bailey Dale averages 2.3 goals per game for the season. Both Schache and Lloyd are averaging more goals per game than Bruce is this season. The most relevant stats to quote are always going to be the most recent performances
It was my bad meant to say over a 3 year period as you dont sign players on 1 good year and you dont release players after 1 bad year

It was my bad meant to say over a 3 year period as you dont sign players on 1 good year and you dont release players after 1 bad year
If we take Josh Bruce's 3 most recent roughly full seasons (i.e. disregard 2018 since he only played 3 games) then he's kicked 110 goals in 64 games, which is 1.72 goals/game.

Bailey Dale has only recently returned from injury, but seems to be demonstrating the ability to kick 2+ goals/game going forward (currently averaging 2.3 goals/game for the season)
From Tory Dickson's 3 most recent roughly full seasons, he's kicked 114 goals from 62 games, for 1.83 goals/game
This is Naughton's first season up forward, and he's kicked 30 goals from 22 games, which is about 1.36 goals/game

Average 2 goals a game in a handful of games? Because none of those mentioned averaged that this year or over their careers.

Neither has Bruce, but he's averaged more over a longer period and spent the first 3 years as a backman..

Average 2 goals a game in a handful of games? Because none of those mentioned averaged that this year or over their careers.

Neither has Bruce, but he's averaged more over a longer period and spent the first 3 years as a backman..
What point are you trying to make? The definition of "2 goals/game" seems to keep changing in this thread, and not even Bruce has met the criteria.

I'm not sitting here trying to be argumentative, I've just tried to answer a few open ended questions/statements people are making with actual stats

Saw on Instagram today that he and Lonie are being discussed with Collingwood. Any substance to that?

Would be a great fit at Collingwood wanted him last year and nothing has changed.

If we take Josh Bruce's 3 most recent roughly full seasons (i.e. disregard 2018 since he only played 3 games) then he's kicked 110 goals in 64 games, which is 1.72 goals/game.

Bailey Dale has only recently returned from injury, but seems to be demonstrating the ability to kick 2+ goals/game going forward (currently averaging 2.3 goals/game for the season)
From Tory Dickson's 3 most recent roughly full seasons, he's kicked 114 goals from 62 games, for 1.83 goals/game
This is Naughton's first season up forward, and he's kicked 30 goals from 22 games, which is about 1.36 goals/game
Well if Doggies dont need him quite sure another team will snap him up

We absolutely would like him, and there's very much a spot for him in the team. Sam Power just won't be handing over pick 12 (currently) in any potential deal.
Problem will be a team will folk out a late first rd maybe early 2nd for him well before dogs 2nd rd, so will be the case of who you really want in trade period is where the eggs goes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back