Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

dogspur

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jay Clark saying Bruce could be squeezed out of St. Kilda and the Dogs are interested.

St. Kilda cleaning out?

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’d really hope not, seems like the heart and soul of the group. Juice will be good for 50 goals in a team that provides him with good service.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hes actually pretty damn good. He's not a star but is entering his prime now and one of the best contested marks in the game.

More than happy to keep him

I'd take him at Melbourne but 'one of the best contested marks in the game'? Please.

J McGovern
Darling
Lynch
Riewoldt
Hawkins
Moore
Andrews
Naughton
Curnow
Fyfe

All better off the top of my head.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd take him at Melbourne but 'one of the best contested marks in the game'? Please.

J McGovern
Darling
Lynch
Riewoldt
Hawkins
Moore
Andrews
Naughton
Curnow
Fyfe

All better off the top of my head.
Was 2nd in the comp for contested marks for the year as of just recently, and took 7 contested marks twice.

Had really dropped off in this regard in the last year or two, but got it back this year.

Think working with Dermie has done wonders for him.

His 2nd half of the year he was back much more like the Bruce we saw in the year he kicked 50 goals. Kicked 13 goals in his first 12 games, but then 23 in his last 10.

There's no way I'd trade him for less than a first rounder now that we've got him back playing his best footy pretty consistently.

Just wouldn't be worth losing him for less in what is not meant to be an amazing draft.

Last edited:

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I really like Josh Bruce, not a star but very under rated IMO, I'd definitely take him at the Lions if the price was right.

Would be a good mature body next to our young key position forwards, taking the best defender off Hipwwod would be handy as well.

He's one of only a few saints players who are somewhat expendable and still have some trade value, but in saying that, it would be a big mistake trading him. It sets a pretty bad precedence trading such a loved player who bleeds for the club and gives 100% commitment for the team

I'd place his value somewhere around what Stewart Crameri was worth a few years ago, pick 26. No way our first rounder would be used for a 27 year old non-elite (but good) forward, but I would offer something like pick 30 + pick 46.
Yuck

No thanks

Back