catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Yeah no

Again, they need to trade players to get what they want in .. And apparently they are keeping Carlisle so Bruce is pretty much gone
Quoted as keeping both but as we know driving a better bargain for both and we may see other players being offered by saints not to mention splitting pick 5 but they have an array of picks next 2 years to get the job done

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quoted as keeping both but as we know driving a better bargain for both and we may see other players being offered by saints not to mention splitting pick 5 but they have an array of picks next 2 years to get the job done
Can only use this year's and next year's.

And they don't want to use next year's picks because they need them for Ben king

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Can only use this year's and next year's.

And they don't want to use next year's picks because they need them for Ben king
By all reports Ben King is happy on the Gold Coast and wants to stay and deep down think Saints know that too, but players they can get Hill Martin Keath

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
By all reports Ben King is happy on the Gold Coast and wants to stay and deep down think Saints know that too, but players they can get Hill Martin Keath
You're looking into those reports too much. You will never read in an article from either Ben, his management or the Sun's that Ben King wants to come home to St Kilda until he actually nominates us - which is inevitable - next year.

As for Bruce, I think it's more likely than not that St Kilda will only trade him for the Dogs first. There may be some negotiation surrounding steak knives but he won't be traded without your first coming to the Saints.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Doubt they get Keath if Carlisle stays

And not in it for Martin at all

And yes King is gettable NEXT year
Martin has a number of clubs into him and he's done the rounds of a few clubs already

Players have been known to lie but after talking at Rising star awards and i quote
"All I can say really is I'm loving living on the Gold Coast, I love all the boys and all the coaching staff as well. I feel like we've got a really strong culture at the club. "I couldn't be happier with the Suns. hardly sounds like a player who wants out.

Your right about Keath I think Hawks will get him..

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Martin has a number of clubs into him and he's done the rounds of a few clubs already

Players have been known to lie but after talking at Rising star awards and i quote
"All I can say really is I'm loving living on the Gold Coast, I love all the boys and all the coaching staff as well. I feel like we've got a really strong culture at the club. "I couldn't be happier with the Suns. hardly sounds like a player who wants out.

Your right about Keath I think Hawks will get him..
Dogs are front runners for Keath on 4 or 5 years

What would King say? "Yeah s**t club I'm out". Sheesh

Everyone here is a list manager but it's not a given Bruce will be a first rounder. Saints don't have anything decent to give back with that. Pick 55 is trash

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith

Everyone here is a list manager but it's not a given Bruce will be a first rounder. Saints don't have anything decent to give back with that. Pick 55 is trash
Yeah no doubt all hypothetical trades dogs may miss all or get all

After O'meara and how harsh cochrane burnt him, King management would have stated be careful with what you say but again we can wait and see on that.

To be honest not Saints problem he's contracted player if you want him you pay the price, then up too your bois to come up with a trade that works for the Saints....

For the record Im happy if the cats give up 1st rd pick for Bruce, but doubt we can squeeze him into our cap...

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda

Saints don’t have to do anything - Dogs want him then pay up.

Same with Hill and the Dockers.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
On Dogs form in attracting players it's unlikely we get any of Keath, Martin or Bruce.

I'd value Martin and Bruce 18-25. Keath 25-30. Be fairly shattered if we stumped up p12 for any of them.

Hypothetical. But I'd be sniffing WCE to see what they could offer for our 12 and 30 as they need Kelly currency and have Sydney's 22 which is about bang on for Bruce IMO plus their first which may hit Martin range if they go deeper.

Interesting to see what happens but as I said, likelihood is Dogs do SFA despite all the hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the chance for a good 3 way

I base the following on the players being worth the following if uncontracted.
Hill: 8-12
Acres: 30-35
Bruce: 18-22

Saints
Out: 5, Bruce, Acres
In: Hill, 12, 41
My thoughts: Paying overs for Hill, getting overs for Bruce

Freo
In: 5, Acres, 45
Out: Hill, 25
My thoughts: Definitely overs for Hill but we arent losing a 2 year contract top 3 player without "winning" the trade. I think a bit of mayo on 5 may be needed to get the Hill trade over the line and I dont think Acres is worth 25 on his own.

Dogs
In: Bruce, 25
Out: 12, 41, 45
My thoughts: 12 is heavy overs but the 41 and 45 into 25 is very cheap points wise when normally you need at least a 30% loading to move up the draft.

Small Edit: Decided Dogs would be giving up there two good 3rd round picks

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Saints

Freo
In: 5, Acres, 48
My thoughts: Definitely overs for Hill but we arent losing a 2 year contract top 3 player without "winning" the trade. I think a bit of mayo on 5 may be needed to get the Hill trade over the line and I dont think Acres is worth 25 on his own.

Dogs
Out: 12, 41, 48
My thoughts: 12 is overs but the 41 and 18 into 25 is very cheap points wise when normally you need at least a 30% loading to move up the draft.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda

Saints

Freo
In: 5, Acres, 48

Dogs
Out: 12, 41, 48
My thoughts: 12 is overs but the 41 and 18 into 25 is very cheap points wise when normally you need at least a 30% loading to move up the draft.

It’s probably thereabouts - I like the effort.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith

Saints

Freo

Dogs
My thoughts: 12 is heavy overs but the 41 and 45 into 25 is very cheap points wise when normally you need at least a 30% loading to move up the draft.

yep their abouts on paper

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Saints want Hill they will pay up. Freo don't have to bend for you

You are forgetting you have a s**t draft hand and desperately want other targets
Dogs problems are attracting the right players, have the picks and caps to play

Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Saints

Freo

Dogs

Agreed something like this is likely.....

And it seems you've got support from fans from all three clubs + a neutral which means your trade is sensible and does not belong on Big Footy, please see yourself out.... :p

Agreed something like this is likely.....

And it seems you've got support from fans from all three clubs + a neutral which means your trade is sensible and does not belong on Big Footy, please see yourself out.... :p
Has ever a thing ever happened on bigfooty, surely I deserve a prize. This is a historic day

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're looking into those reports too much. You will never read in an article from either Ben, his management or the Sun's that Ben King wants to come home to St Kilda until he actually nominates us - which is inevitable - next year.

As for Bruce, I think it's more likely than not that St Kilda will only trade him for the Dogs first. There may be some negotiation surrounding steak knives but he won't be traded without your first coming to the Saints.
Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself. On both King and Bruce.
Kings ‘home’ isn’t St Kilda. If he decides to come back to Victoria, there are a number of clubs that could make a play for him. Most would be more attractive than the saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back