Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce yes but other two pass you have a free hit in your needs so you should be super aggressive in a pursuit of a tough mid...

We have plenty of tough mids. One poor (really poor) performance shouldn’t be the determining factor as to list needs.

Time and time again a lack of a 2nd key forward (Schache ain’t a key forward) and weak KPD’s have cost us games we should have one. If we win the games we should have we would have had a home final and who knows what would have happened.

Bruce and Keath are priority.

Bruce yes but other two pass you have a free hit in your needs so you should be super aggressive in a pursuit of a tough mid...
A tough mid? Libba is out injured at the moment, as is Wallis. We have Bailey Smith and Rhylee West both developing in the first seasons who are absolute pricks. We definitely do not need a tough mid

After the loss to GWS I think it’s evident Bruce would be very very valuable to the doggies, pick 12 thank you and good night.
We both know he’s not worth pick 12.
Would happily trade him for our future first and something in return seeing as we have the projected top 3 pick next year 195 cm KPF Ugle-Hagan coming to us from our academy (how good is that!). And bank on us finishing top 4 to push it to around pick 15.

All three of those guys are probably worth second rounders. If hawthorn get melbournes second for Smith then I could see us trading that and our 2nd to the dogs for 11, we might try to jump ahead of a bid for maginness. Then you could give 20 for martin and 28 for Keath/Bruce

Right, I was happy until you said trade Bruce for 28. Maybe instead of 28 Caleb Daniel for Bruce. Or 12 straight up.

I love the chance for a good 3 way

I base the following on the players being worth the following if uncontracted.
Hill: 8-12
Acres: 30-35
Bruce: 18-22

Saints
Out: 5, Bruce, Acres
In: Hill, 12, 41
My thoughts: Paying overs for Hill, getting overs for Bruce

Freo
In: 5, Acres, 45
Out: Hill, 25
My thoughts: Definitely overs for Hill but we arent losing a 2 year contract top 3 player without "winning" the trade. I think a bit of mayo on 5 may be needed to get the Hill trade over the line and I dont think Acres is worth 25 on his own.

Dogs
In: Bruce, 25
Out: 12, 41, 45
My thoughts: 12 is heavy overs but the 41 and 45 into 25 is very cheap points wise when normally you need at least a 30% loading to move up the draft.

Small Edit: Decided Dogs would be giving up there two good 3rd round picks

Yeah good enough. Wonder if the list mangers will even think of it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dunno, I reckon Geelong need a tough mid more than us after we cleaned them up in round 16.

Right, I was happy until you said trade Bruce for 28. Maybe instead of 28 Caleb Daniel for Bruce. Or 12 straight up.
I’m sure they could use 28 for Keath and sort something out with you guys for Bruce, I doubt very highly that would be 12 straight up though

I dunno, I reckon Geelong need a tough mid more than us after we cleaned them up in round 16.
Both sides should have been fined by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute, ugly ugly game and skills not one that both sides would look back on...

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself. On both King and Bruce.
Kings ‘home’ isn’t St Kilda. If he decides to come back to Victoria, there are a number of clubs that could make a play for him. Most would be more attractive than the saints.
Lol,not to him they're not,wish i knew you well enough to make a bet and take you to the cleaners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs second be more than enough,probs a bit overs do maybe saints throw in their 4th as well to make it more fairer .

Pretty straight forward deal
If you ask Saints fans they want Toby Mclean and our first rounder and then they will send that first to Freo for Brad Hill. I know clubs overrate players but if hes getting pushed out the door and wants to leave anyway (sources say this is true) then a 2nd rounder is what will happen

If you ask Saints fans they want Toby Mclean and our first rounder and then they will send that first to Freo for Brad Hill. I know clubs overrate players but if hes getting pushed out the door and wants to leave anyway (sources say this is true) then a 2nd rounder is what will happen
How many Saints fans have actually said that?

Suggesting yiur 2nd rounder is probably just a ridiculous though.

How many Saints fans have actually said that?

Suggesting yiur 2nd rounder is probably just a ridiculous though.
Reckon if we got on hands on GC second rounder during the Martin trade we could use that for Bruce. His value is an early second round pick

Can’t see how their second round pick gets it done. Pick 30 is too low but pick 12 is too high. Saints will demand a pick with a one in front of it though in my opinion.
I can see the Bulldogs trying to trade down pick 12 into two picks for Bruce and Keath in the late 1st/early second range. We may need to add later picks to get that done though, holding pick 30 and 3x third rounders which should help get the first step of any deal done. Looks like we're out of the race for Jack Martin so I imagine our only other deals are a token late pick for Zac Smith as a back-up ruck, and potentially Isaac Smith if the rumours from months ago are true.

I can see the Bulldogs trying to trade down pick 12 into two picks for Bruce and Keath in the late 1st/early second range. We may need to add later picks to get that done though, holding pick 30 and 3x third rounders which should help get the first step of any deal done. Looks like we're out of the race for Jack Martin so I imagine our only other deals are a token late pick for Zac Smith as a back-up ruck, and potentially Isaac Smith if the rumours from months ago are true.

Think we’re after Smith too. That’s a bidding war I’d rather avoid.

So has it even been confirmed that he has an interest in moving to the Dogs?
It's been "confirmed" by ITK posters and random journos, which basically means that's a solid no. Until he comes out and requests a trade, there's absolutely nothing solid to suggest Bruce and the Dogs have any real links

Lol it was reported by ITKs when Carlisle was leaving Essendon, he was going to the Dogs or Carlton. Didn’t go to either. Go figure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back