Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

Schache doesn't play like a KPF, he's a flanker in a tall body. We also have zero KPF depth right now.

Even if we bring in Bruce we may target Patrick Kerr as a DFA/late draft pick given we asked about him early in the season.

What happened to Billy Gowers ? Seems to have fallen off a cliff big time.

What happened to Billy Gowers ? Seems to have fallen off a cliff big time.
He's 187cm, mid-sizer at best. Not a great kick either. Rumour that Hawks might be interested, where his dad played

Pick 12 was already too much for a 28 year old who saints may be pushing out
but it is about right for a bloke that the Dogs are chasing hard ...
we dont know the situation on why Bruce is on the trade table other than the fact that one day he wasnt then the next day he was and the dogs apparently had an offer on the table ready to go.... that to me suggests that either Bruce did something to annoy theclub that they want him out or the dogs want him bad enough it made St Kilda sit up and consider him a trade bait ... if its the first option then a late second gets it done, if its the first then pick 12 would be about right as it would need to be an offer to grab St Kilda's attention

but it is about right for a bloke that the Dogs are chasing hard ...
we dont know the situation on why Bruce is on the trade table other than the fact that one day he wasnt then the next day he was and the dogs apparently had an offer on the table ready to go.... that to me suggests that either Bruce did something to annoy theclub that they want him out or the dogs want him bad enough it made St Kilda sit up and consider him a trade bait ... if its the first option then a late second gets it done, if its the first then pick 12 would be about right as it would need to be an offer to grab St Kilda's attention
Saints are desperate for picks between 5 and 55, so it's nowhere near absurd to suggest a second rounder of some description

Saints are desperate for picks between 5 and 55, so it's nowhere near absurd to suggest a second rounder of some description
i dont think so ... if the saints were that desperate for a second rounder there are less popular players on the list that could be shipped out for a second round pick ... it was litterally one day Bruce wasnt even in consideration for trade then next theres interest ... that kind of responce historically doesnt happen for a secound round pick .. so its either the dogs have put something up very enticing or Bruce has done something to put St Kilda off side .. i just cant see the saints getting excited over a 2nd round pick for a guy we have on contract ...

Trading Bruce probably offsets a lot of the improvement we're going to make next year. Hes also a fan favourite. That's not worth Pick 30.
Exactly. Bruce is only worth trading if we are getting overs for him.
How anyone thinks he will just ship him off for a consolation prize is laughable.

I'd suggest the Dogs are more desperate for an established key forward for next season than StKilda are for a draft pick in the 30s like you are suggesting.
Suggest you read my response again... "of some description"

Saints supporters have it in their heads that dogs want to trade pick 30 ... we have the ability to trade into very early second round as well

Pick 12 is not getting you Hill as much as some saints fans want that to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggest you read my response again... "of some description"

Saints supporters have it in their heads that dogs want to trade pick 30 ... we have the ability to trade into very early second round as well

Pick 12 is not getting you Hill as much as some saints fans want that to happen
If only there were other uses for pick 12 than just sending it to Freo.

kind of meant that if Bruce is worth 12 we may yet just get 4 and 8 for Daniher.

Not sure Bruce is enough of a point of difference to McKernan.
Your going nowhere with mckernan as your key forward. Bruce has kicked 50+ in a season and mckernan has kicked 67 in a 10 year career.

This thread:

Dogs fan: offers unders, Saints pushing him out.

Saints fan: wants overs, Bulldogs approaching a contracted player.

Rinse and repeat.

Said that last night. Told everyone to calm their farm and wait for clubs to make a comment. Depends what’s happening behind the scenes.

I'd say he is worth a first. In saying that, I can not see why St Kilda want to off-load him. He is a 2 goal a game forward if not more at best and with their incredibly thin forward stocks, it seems like a terrible move.

I'd say he is worth a first. In saying that, I can not see why St Kilda want to off-load him. He is a 2 goal a game forward if not more at best and with their incredibly thin forward stocks, it seems like a terrible move.

Probably need to play Ryder forward with Membrey and also M.King.

Probably need to play Ryder forward with Membrey and also M.King.
Putting a lot of pressure on Max King to play that role though considering his injury history. I guess that works though and honestly, seems good on paper that new forward line assuming Max plays to a similar standard of his brother.

It’s been reported the Bulldogs have offered Bruce a substantial 4 year contract that is difficult to refuse. When St Kilda were informed about this they were open to a trade if the deal was right. So, that’s probably where it’s at ATM.

The Bulldogs really want Bruce but he’s contracted to the Saints. In those circumstances it’s a seller’s market and not a fire sale. Saints would be happy for him to stay, especially with Max King developing his craft.

It seems unavoidable that pick 12 will have to be part of any deal. Saints will insist on it. Those that insist he’s only worth a 2nd RDP need to consider the above circumstances. The seller is not distressed and the buyer is keen and initiating the deal.

The question is whether a deal can be done. I think Bruce will be a star at the Bulldogs. He’s exactly what they need.

Saints have the same dilemma with Hill. He is contracted to Freo and they are entitled to nominate his value to be pick 5. Whether Saints pay that price is a matter for conjecture. I hope they don’t but it’s a seller’s market. That is the reality.

If Max King stays injury free next year then he will overtake Bruce. That's why we'd be looking to offload Bruce now while his price is high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back