Traded Josh Bruce

Remove this Banner Ad

5th in the Coleman I think you mean Rahul. :)

But yes, super impressive and is going to compliment Paddy going forward super well.

5th in the Coleman I think you mean Rahul. :)

But yes, super impressive and is going to compliment Paddy going forward super well.

Super impressive to the point that we may well in the future talk about how our gun no.1 draft pick key forward Paddy nicely compliments our star forward Bruce even if Paddy has to play second fiddle ;)

Just a thought to put Josh Bruce's meteoric rise in some perspective. If you had a free pick what young key forward in the AFL would you swap Bruce for right now ?

Cameron ? er, who else ?

OK the more experienced ones, Buddy, Josh Kennedy, Jack Riewoldt, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Roughhead, Tom Hawkins, Charlie Dixon etc ?

Personally, other than Buddy, I'd be happy to hang on to Bruce. Shows how far he's come. Thoughts ?

Listening to Jonathan Brown after the game he made the call that Bruce is in his opinion the most improved player in the league. I'd agree with that. I can't believe from watching him play in the intra-club where he was in the "2nd" team and was basically roaming around seemingly without a position that this same bloke was about to pull out a monster season like he has. It is such a massive bonus for us going forward - Paddy, and I'm not saying this lightly as I think the kid will be great - is now a bonus. That's what I love about watching footy, getting a surprise like we are getting this year with Bruce. And kudos to our recruiting team of course for making this all happen!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thought to put Josh Bruce's meteoric rise in some perspective. If you had a free pick what young key forward in the AFL would you swap Bruce for right now ?

Cameron ? er, who else ?

OK the more experienced ones, Buddy, Josh Kennedy, Jack Riewoldt, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Roughhead, Tom Hawkins, Charlie Dixon etc ?

Personally, other than Buddy, I'd be happy to hang on to Bruce. Shows how far he's come. Thoughts ?

Considering Bruce in only 22 and has 10 years of footy in front of him, I wouldn't trade him for any of those older guys, not even Buddy. Cameron I would, probably Jesse Hogan too.

I'm pretty happy that the Dogs are paying Boyd $7 million while Bruce is playing for us for a can of coke and a pie.

Considering Bruce in only 22 and has 10 years of footy in front of him, I wouldn't trade him for any of those older guys, not even Buddy. Cameron I would, probably Jesse Hogan too.

I'm pretty happy that the Dogs are paying Boyd $7 million while Bruce is playing for us for a can of coke and a pie.
To be fair, Charlie Dixon is playing for coke and a pie too, so...

Has 200 shots on goal at training every week according to Gerard.

And it has paid off in a big way. His goal kicking has improved out of sight this year. I could hardly watch him kick at goal last year, he looked like your typical back-man lining up for goal. It is completely different this year and, from what you say, obviously down to the hard work he has put in. He is a real credit to himself and is getting the most possible out of his talents.

It's amazing how Bruceys set shot kicking seems so reliable but still a very average at best field kick..

Absolutely love him his work ethic is outstanding, he gets to contests by pure work rate in the riewoldt mould... He's had plenty of marks he's just missed too after working hard to get there our getting the right position.. Once he starts clunking those he's gunna be a freak.. Athletic hard working forwards of his size are very rare

A good read on Rooey and Bruce have become a great duo. Its great to get so much positive media now.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...-2015-afl-season/story-e6frf3e3-1227432161929

When Riewoldt returned, the question was whether Bruce and Riewoldt could work together well in the same forward line. The answer has been an unequivocal yes.

If you had predicted pre-season for Bruce to be sitting second on the Coleman medal table after 14 rounds, you would’ve been laughed at.

Just as impressive, Bruce is ranked second in the league for marks inside 50 (44) and second for contested marks inside the forward arc (19).

Brown heaped praise on the emerging forward during On The Couch on Monday night claiming Bruce “has to be the most improved player in the competition” this season. Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy added: “He’s been there for two years now and he’s producing fantastic work. Right now, he’s playing as good as what GWS has got up forward and having one hell of a season.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back