Traded Josh Bruce

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't as nervous about him as you but I thought he would find it much harder once teams worked out what he could do. Aaron Black looked like he would be a decent player but once he was forced to compete he completely disappeared. Bruce has ben very good and his work rate off the ball really helps even when he does have a quiet game. He was moving constantly last week just making himself look menacing.

It appears to me, that he is learning alot from Reiwoldt and in the how he moves, runs and plays and it is a possibility that Hw may become a bit more like rewoldt going forward.

It appears to me, that he is learning alot from Reiwoldt and in the how he moves, runs and plays and it is a possibility that Hw may become a bit more like rewoldt going forward.
I'm not sure i agree.
Riewoldt does his best work on the end of a lead, while Bruce is already very good in a pack situation.

So, does everybody realise that Josh Bruce is just two goals away from having 50 for the season? I reckon all of us would have been pretty amazed at the idea of that happening at the start of the year.

So, does everybody realise that Josh Bruce is just two goals away from having 50 for the season? I reckon all of us would have been pretty amazed at the idea of that happening at the start of the year.
More remarkable that he's been so accurate. Only behind Breust and Betts in the top 10 goal kickers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome article with Bruce taking Paddy under his wing.

At a glance, it would appear too early for Bruce to be sending any metaphorical vessel of knowledge down, for he is still learning how to take the lift up. He is, after all, only 23 years old with 46 games under his belt.

But Bruce is held in high esteem at Seaford, by teammates and coaches alike. He is already being touted as a future leader, one with considerable intellect and an unabashed drive to succeed.

During his exit meeting last September, Bruce was told in no uncertain terms that while the coaches were pleased with his breakout 2015 campaign, it was time he harnessed Spacey’s analogy and helped fast-track the development of younger forwards.

Poignantly, it was Paddy McCartin that coach Alan Richardson was referring to.

While skipper Nick Riewoldt is well supported by fellow old-stagers Leigh Montagna and Sean Dempster, the truth is, St Kilda needs new leaders to step up — and soon.

The exit meeting conversation materialised when the players returned to training, with Bruce immediately handed Paddy McCartin as his summer project.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/how...saints-young-gun/story-e6frf33l-1227802772625

Massive fan of Bruce but I think one area for growth are running goals. This is especially important due to his tackling pressure. He often panicky with these kicks, kicking too early and not getting balanced. If he really works on this he could easily increase his output

Bruce on SEN. After finding some form on the weekend with 4 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back