Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs wanted to pay Bruce a reported 800k a year. Saints had the offer to match the 750k deal and said nope, not happening so he wanted out.

I'm happy enough with Membrey as our main KPF.

King will surpass anyone on either teams list by a mile if his body holds up. An absolute lock.

We will need to find/develop another tall seeing as Max's brother resigned on a godfather deal. We have options.

So i see Collingwood and dogs supporters trolling St Kilda as some sort of powerhouse clubs

pies - 2 flags in the last 60 years
dogs - 1 flag in the last 60 years - prolly only grand final they made as well
saints - 1 flag in the last 60 years

Miochek - Isn't he the guy who had 2 kicks in the prelim loss spending all day on the ground. :$

Dogs wanted to pay Bruce a reported 800k a year. Saints had the offer to match the 750k deal and said nope, not happening so he wanted out.

I'm happy enough with Membrey as our main KPF.

King will surpass anyone on either teams list by a mile if his body holds up. An absolute lock.

We will need to find/develop another tall seeing as Max's brother resigned on a godfather deal. We have options.
Where is 800k reported?

No excuses now Dogs, play a traditional tall line-up!

Ruck - Tim English
Full Forward - Josh Bruce
Forward Pocket/2nd Ruck - Josh Schache
Centre Half Forward - Aaron Naughton
Centre Half Back - Alex Keath
Back Pocket/Third Tall Defender - Jackson Trengove
Full Back - Lewis Young

Covers all bases, with 7 players 195cm+.

By this logic Saints can't develop their own outside mids, small forwards, ruckmen or key backs.
You might have a point with midfielders but as for ruckman we took Rowan marshal in the rookie draft he’s now developed into one of the best young rucks in the comp haven’t done to bad there ! And if I had a choice would have much rather keep Bruce he will be a very good player for the dogs

saints are going to be amazing next year. Needed outside run we now have hill jones hind. With senior leaders back refreshed look out!
abundance of talented small forwards too. Good luck stopping lonie, gresh, parker and long!
key forwards and backs aplenty so much so we can give away bruce.
Top 4 saints next year. bookmark it.

Youngsters hitting that 50-100 games.
Good fixture, Refreshed coach - everything points to be year for the saints.

saints are going to be amazing next year. Needed outside run we now have hill jones hind. With senior leaders back refreshed look out!
abundance of talented small forwards too. Good luck stopping lonie, gresh, parker and long!
key forwards and backs aplenty so much so we can give away bruce.
Top 4 saints next year. bookmark it.

Youngsters hitting that 50-100 games.
Good fixture, Refreshed coach - everything points to be year for the saints.

Thanks coop. Please unblock me from your AFL trades , rumours , results Facebook page

No excuses now Dogs, play a traditional tall line-up!

Ruck - Tim English
Full Forward - Josh Bruce
Forward Pocket/2nd Ruck - Josh Schache
Centre Half Forward - Aaron Naughton
Centre Half Back - Alex Keath
Back Pocket/Third Tall Defender - Jackson Trengove
Full Back - Lewis Young

Covers all bases, with 7 players 195cm+.
It’s not bad. Not sure Trengove and Young play in the same team though. Likely one or the other with a Cordy type playing as the third ‘tall’.

It’s not bad. Not sure Trengove and Young play in the same team though. Likely one or the other with a Cordy type playing as the third ‘tall’.

I think Young has looked decent as that negating "anchor" when he's played over the last year or so. It frees Trengove up to play more to his strengths and roam a bit (and also use his size on a resting ruck, and help with backline ruck duties too), because he gets exposed at times when he has to play that more traditional FB role.

The overall point is, the Dogs have an abundance of capable genuine talls at both ends now, so IMO there's no excuse to not play them and go with a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" "smallball" line-up instead. It also frees up a lot of their non-key position players to play their natural game and more suitable roles as well, when you've got the key spots completely covered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel Bruce maybe wasted playing close to goal.

The deal was about right we got pick 22 value which is probably his correct value
Feel like it was a reasonable deal for the Saints possibly slight understand but that is the nature of trading. Particularly if you have multiple deals on the go to just get them done.

Looks unfit.

Naughton's injury has hurt him badly also.

Right now he's playing in arguably the worst forward line in the comp so that isn't really helping his cause.

He could do much much better though.
He's played in much worse forward lines with much worse midfielders kicking to him and didnt look as bad as he has this year.

Looks unfit.

Naughton's injury has hurt him badly also.

Right now he's playing in arguably the worst forward line in the comp so that isn't really helping his cause.

He could do much much better though.
Hello

Remove this Banner Ad

Back