Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I very much hope we keep Bruce.

Understand that we need to offload someone in order to get the picks we need, but would rather we offload other players.
As his value is low at the moment coming off an injury riddled year affecting form, what would his current value be?

2nd round?
3rd round?
4th round?

Not too long ago you'd pay a first rounder for him (something around the 10-15 range)

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
If someone wants him they'll have to pay up. He's not a star but he's our best forward.

McGovern just went for pick 13. When Bruce was his age he had a 50 goal season. Something McGovern hasn't done.

He is contracted so we'd have to get a pick around 18-20 IMO.
Haha holly crap

Cox,your kidding,if he wasnt a yank noone would even talk about him,clearly overrated,had lynch chosen pies he would have been playing alot of seconds games next year...
And just who would be playing second ruck? Had Lynch joined Collingwood it's more likely that he would play alongside Cox with Mihocek returning to defence.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I've heard that St Kilda would like to do a straight swap for Preuss. Not sure Bruce is worth it tbh.
Surprised why St Kilda haven't been linked to him when they were looking at Lycett and Roughead instead

Makes most sense for him to go to there, GWS or Geelong if he ever wants to be a number one ruck

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints board seems to want a 1st round pick for Bruce
Well we did get pick 21 for Rhys Stanley, who had shown far less at the time than Bruce has, and we also got pick 18, Shane Savage, and a pick upgrade from about 25 to 19 for Ben McEvoy and a junk pick, and Ben at the time was very average and hadn't had the equivalent of the 50 goal season that Bruce has.

So if they were worth that I don't see why getting a pick in that sort of range (18-22) would be out of the question.

You guys got picks 20 and 45 for Chris Dawes and pick 58, and the most goals he'd ever kicked in a season prior was 30- 20 less than Bruce's best season- and he was coming off a 16 goals in 23 games season!

Doesn't mean we'll get it, but if we don't he's probably worth more to us to keep him. We're not trying to push him out the door here, so it would have to be a very worthwhile offer for us to entertain it. We'd also expect to have to throw something else in with him to sweeten the deal I imagine, if it was for a pick like 18.

If we delivered the ball better to him and got a better game plan than our "bomb it to the top of the goalsquare" one he could get back to 50 goal a year type footy. You'd hate to play in our forward line the way we've delivered it in there lately.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Solid tyre kicking going on by Pies fans. He would comfortably be their best key forward if he went there. Worth at least a second rounder
Hawthorn is another club I could see coming for him if they miss out on Wingard.

They much prefer to get ready-to-go types that they know are AFL quality than to hit the draft, and having missed out on Lynch and with Roughy winding down he could really appeal to them. They'd deliver it much better to him than we do.

We sit it on his head all game long and that's not his go.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably true. Is he going to play as a forward forever though?
You said Bruce is better than all Collingwood forwards, De Goey is a forward, you're already wrong.

Also, why can't we keep De Goey as a forward? Does a midfield of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams, Treloar, Sier, Beams, Phillips, Wells need help?

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I think StKilda should persist with him.

Need to stop playing McCartin until he shows an AFL level of discipline and work rate. Having diabetes isn't an excuse to be overweight

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawthorn is another club I could see coming for him if they miss out on Wingard.

They much prefer to get ready-to-go types that they know are AFL quality than to hit the draft, and having missed out on Lynch and with Roughy winding down he could really appeal to them. They'd deliver it much better to him than we do.

We sit it on his head all game long and that's not his go.
I’ve mentioned it a few times that I’d like us to have a crack at Bruce or possibly taberner. He’s a great grab and at his best can kick a bag. Anything to get the witches hat Schoenmakers out of our forwardline. We are probably the worst contested marking side in the league so this would be a handy inclusion. Aslong as his bodies right I’d be happy to give our second

LeGresham

Debutant
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
You said Bruce is better than all Collingwood forwards, De Goey is a forward, you're already wrong.

Also, why can't we keep De Goey as a forward? Does a midfield of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams, Treloar, Sier, Beams, Phillips, Wells need help?
Chill out. Is de goey a kpf?
He is a forward/mid whose future imo may see him spend more time mid. Bruce is a key forward. And thats all. And he is better than anyone who plays the same role a collingwood

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chill out. Is de goey a kpf?
He is a forward/mid whose future imo may see him spend more time mid. Bruce is a key forward. And thats all. And he is better than anyone who plays the same role a collingwood
Nice edit, you clearly said "better than any forward" without evne mentioning anything remotely close to kpf. And in that case, clearly you were wrong.

The only player that plays a similar role to Bruce we have is Mihocek, Reid, being better than these 2 does not equate to a 1st round pick.

piesaregreat

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
So if Bruce is so good and is under contract why exactly are St Kilda trying to trade him?
Why push out the door someone rated as a first round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back