Josh Caddy stomping

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex9798

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was browsing Twitter this morning and saw this, has to be in trouble for this, looks 100% intentional.

What a dill.

Probably could be looked at for his leg lock choke thing as well, haven't seen a replay yet but at the game it didn't look good.

Doesn’t look good on the footage but I wonder why the vid doesn’t show the follow through.

Does Caddy’s foot immediately pull up or does he continue to stomp down on the hand? What’s the reaction of the hawk player?

Doesn’t look good on the footage but I wonder why the vid doesn’t show the follow through.

Does Caddy’s foot immediately pull up or does he continue to stomp down on the hand? What’s the reaction of the hawk player?

I don't know why, but people on twitter are the worst at getting footage of things.

Here is a slightly longer version, keeps his foot down but video ends a second or so later and you don't see enough footage to see if Howe reacted.

I don't know why, but people on twitter are the worst at getting footage of things.

Here is a slightly longer version, keeps his foot down but video ends a second or so later and you don't see enough footage to see if Howe reacted
It’s because if you show the entire incident like this, there’s nothing in it.
The shorted version in the OP looked bad, but it shows his foot not stomping down on his hand as the Hawthorn player moved it immediately to Caddy’s calf to get up. No sign of reminstrating either.

Thanks for the extended footage.
It really highlights the muppets on twitter.

It’s because if you show the entire incident like this, there’s nothing in it.
The shorted version in the OP looked bad, but it shows his foot not stomping down on his hand as the Hawthorn player moved it immediately to Caddy’s calf to get up. No sign of reminstrating either.

Thanks for the extended footage.
It really highlights the muppets on twitter.

Um I don't care how far you extend that footage, it clearly shows him intentionally stomping on his hand.

If you can't see that and think that because he pulls his hand out that it makes it ok then your Richmond goggles are firmly on.

Normally I'm more than willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it's pretty blatant.

In fact if you watch closely he slightly lifts his foot which is when Howe moves his hand, footage is not long enough to even determine if Howe remonstrates as he is still stuck on the ground with Caddy standing over him

Um I don't care how far you extend that footage, it clearly shows him intentionally stomping on his hand.

If you can't see that and think that because he pulls his hand out that it makes it ok then your Richmond goggles are firmly on.

Normally I'm more than willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it's pretty blatant.

In fact if you watch closely he slightly lifts his foot which is when Howe moves his hand, footage is not long enough to even determine if Howe remonstrates as he is still stuck on the ground with Caddy standing over him
Nah. His hand comes straight up and onto Caddy’s calf. Caddy’s left foot moves back as Howes body moves into his leg forcing it backwards. His right foot moves as a result.

Nothing in it. But those looking for something will always find something I spose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the Richmond players went to a new level of grubbiness last night. Caddy was the leader.

If you actually watched the game you would have seen Hawthorn actually instigated a lot of the grubbiness, not that I have a problem with it as it is part of the game. But it was Howe who was on top of Cotchin and Caddy pulling him off. It was also Poupolo who had his forearm/elbow on Rances throat.

If you actually watched the game you would have seen Hawthorn actually instigated a lot of the grubbiness, not that I have a problem with it as it is part of the game. But it was Howe who was on top of Cotchin and Caddy pulling him off. It was also Poupolo who had his forearm/elbow on Rances throat.

I watched the whole game and a lot of Richmond games this year. last night wasn't an isolated incident. They have been playing that way all year. I especially dislike their penchant for pushing unsuspecting players into marking contests or packs on the ground. It's dangerous.

If Barry Hall had a Hawthorn players head pinned between his knees what do you think would be today's discussion?

I watched the whole game and a lot of Richmond games this year. last night wasn't an isolated incident. They have been playing that way all year. I especially dislike their penchant for pushing unsuspecting players into marking contests or packs on the ground. It's dangerous.

If Barry Hall had a Hawthorn players head pinned between his knees what do you think would be today's discussion?

It is a contact sport. Teams will always play with aggression. If you think that is dangerous unfortunately AFL is not for you.

I would think nothing of it, it happens quite a lot.. especially at stoppages.

It is a contact sport. Teams will always play with aggression. If you think that is dangerous unfortunately AFL is not for you.

I would think nothing of it, it happens quite a lot.. especially at stoppages.

it certainly happens a lot...…….when Richmond is playing. that's the point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back