Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

Caddy is a meh player.

Stood up once every 7 games for us, I wasnt the slightest bit dissapointed when he left. He wouldnt get a look in at our club now unless he wanted to play forward.

The major downside being that the more ball he gets, the more we will have to listen to Brian Taylor saying ‘parFITT’
This is what I worry about. What if he is playing badly and it morphs into parFITT..... what is he good for, absolutely nothing... say it again..... parFITT...... what is he good for...absolutely nothing, say it again*........

AFL can be so cruel.

*adapted from Edwin Starr's song "War what is it good for".

Caddy is a meh player.

Stood up once every 7 games for us, I wasnt the slightest bit dissapointed when he left. He wouldnt get a look in at our club now unless he wanted to play forward.
If Scott Selwood gets a game, you're joking if you think Caddy wouldn't.

Three known facts involving Josh Caddy -
1. Premiership player
2. Is and will always be better than Parfitt who has done nothing to suggest he’s gonna be a player
3. Geelong supporters are always gonna talk him down as they now can’t handle he’s gone to a better and bigger club.

Lol, remember when they were claiming he’s worth a first rounder? Now he can’t play. Cry some more catters.meow.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Three known facts involving Josh Caddy -
1. Premiership player
2. Is and will always be better than Parfitt who has done nothing to suggest he’s gonna be a player
3. Geelong supporters are always gonna talk him down as they now can’t handle he’s gone to a better and bigger club.

Lol, remember when they were claiming he’s worth a first rounder? Now he can’t play. Cry some more catters.meow.

Mark Blake is a premiership ruckman. Gary Ablett Sr never won a thing. Who gives a f***.

Because we never get selections from the top end of the draft, it is just assumed that we have no quality young players. Anyone who has clapped eyes on Parfitt since he debuted, would know that he has a lot of gun qualities. Caddy was a serviceable player for us, he fits a good role at Richmond and does his job. But making blanket statements like the one above about a player with 20 or so games under his belt is, frankly, the sign of an idiot.

Sorry, couldn’t resist... haven’t had many opportunities to sink a boot in over the past 30 years :p

And a finals win over Geelong always has credibility. Swans would be similar
Just for a bit of nostalgic balance

I had a lot of time for Caddy at Geelong and didn't want him to leave.

However Parfitt has already gone past him, so it hasn't turned out to be a great loss.
Interestingly Caddy left because he thought he wouldn't get much midfield time at Geelong. This has ended up being pretty spot on - he would be about 9th picked atm, so credit to him for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eh he averages 21 touches, 4 marks, 5 tackles and 1.5 goals this season so far

he's 19 too

Lol you have not beaten a side in the top 8 so far this year. Also when he plays well in finals like caddy and our 19 year olds in rioli and jack graham, jack graham that is, then by all means start chest bumping.

Bottom line the caddy trade made us stronger and for that i thank you lol

Lol you have not beaten a side in the top 8 so far this year. Also when he plays well in finals like caddy and our 19 year olds in rioli and jack graham, jack graham that is, then by all means start chest bumping.

Bottom line the caddy trade made us stronger and for that i thank you lol

Well he had 17 touches - 15 contested - with 6 inside 50s and a handful of clearances in his second finals match. Is that ok, AFL Jesus?

One things for sure Caddy was the winner, he never seemed to find consistent form at Geelong, would play the odd game where you'd think he could be an A grader and then go missing the next few weeks. He fitted much better into Richmonds structure, seemed to find some consistency he didn't achieve at Geelong. I don't think it's right to say that Richmond won the trade because they beat Geelong in the QF because imo take Caddy out and put him in the Geelong team and the result wouldn't have changed, he isn't Martin.

its also a bit silly to suggest the cats win the trade because Parfitt has a BOG performance, time will tell.

Mark Blake is a premiership ruckman. Gary Ablett Sr never won a thing. Who gives a f***.

Because we never get selections from the top end of the draft, it is just assumed that we have no quality young players. Anyone who has clapped eyes on Parfitt since he debuted, would know that he has a lot of gun qualities. Caddy was a serviceable player for us, he fits a good role at Richmond and does his job. But making blanket statements like the one above about a player with 20 or so games under his belt is, frankly, the sign of an idiot.

Thanks for confirming point 3. Well done.

From what I've heard he was a dickhead and the Cats were more than happy to get rid of him. Last year in the finals watching them, at no stage did I ever think gee they really need a Josh Caddy out there.

From what i heard, Caddy is professional in everything he does, and there’s some lads in the cats seniors with rather large heads that currently don’t match their abilities.

Amusing how Tigers fans think that their side winning a premiership means they're all list experts and can therefore make definitive statements about 19 year old kids.

Was that like Geelong fans offering the same when they hadn’t won a thing for 44 years?

HAHAHA

you bump this thread due to Parfat having a good game against the saints?

Lol

The saints couldn’t beat their way out of a wet paper vbag at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back