Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

how is he superior?

Wasn't too good in the final v richmond.

Don't think he even touched it lol
So we judge it on one game do we? How myopic and narcissistic.
I don't know, maybe the 140 odd extra disposals for the season and the near on 70 extra tackles.

Geelong must be absolutely kicking themselves that they let this guy go. Is an absolute jet of a player who has become a key cog in Richmond's machine. I firmly believe Geelong would have had a better chance if he was still a part of their team. He is a criminally underrated player who has all the key attributes of a great football player. Clean hands, elite disposal and a hard tackler with some wheels on him. He was my pick for the Norm Smith medal and player of the finals. Kicked some great goals this finals series and was an out and out gun.

What do you guy think? Do you think Geelong will be shattered he left them?

Not kicking ourselves. He's an honest player, does his job and is consistent, what he did for Richmond this year is exactly what he did for us, average 20 touches and 1-2 goals a game. He wouldn't have been the difference between a flag or not this year for us.

And FWIW, Parfitt has more upside so happy with that.

Last edited:

Was a really unexpected trade move for mine.
Seemed to love Geelong as well.

He was settled, but his name was thrown about last year as a potential trade for Deledio, and then of course Prestia (his best mate) wanted him at Richmond, so in the end he decided to go.

Oh the glory of a flag. Moved to Richmond to play in the middle spent the season playing forward and was upstaged by Townsend by the end of the year. Parfitt looks the goods too. He's a role player who played his way into a premiership. Nice effort josh good on him.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Incorrect.

I was at the Richmond FC player sponsors dinner and as Sterge and TheLoungeLizard can both confirm as well, Caddy confirmed that the rumour that he moved for more midfield time was nonsense and he actually prefers being a forward and part time mid than being a midfielder and part time forward.

Parfitt is already almost a better player.

We definitely did not lose this trade.

Was Parfitt and Narkle for Caddy and Graham.

2 are premiership players. As of right now Richmond are ahead in that trade. Narkle and Parfitt both look very solid. (Watched Narkle at PRO and he honestly looks better than Parfitt imo)

Was Parfitt and Narkle for Caddy and Graham.

2 are premiership players. As of right now Richmond are ahead in that trade. Narkle and Parfitt both look very solid. (Watched Narkle at PRO and he honestly looks better than Parfitt imo)

If you add Graham to the caddy trade, this trade is a complete disaster for Geelong.

Graham will end up captaining the tigers and arguably should have won the Norm Smith.

If the shoe fits...

Especially if North fans use it. They get to see 40 of them play at different levels week in, week out so they know what to look for. ;)

He had a good enough game in the GF, didn't rack it up in huge numbers, but he went at 83% DE, equal with only Dustin Martin in the tigers side, he is hardly a spud.
He only got the ball 12 times, you'd hope they were good.

But going off the only stat you provided, Daniel Talia was robbed of his Norm Smith medal then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you add Graham to the caddy trade, this trade is a complete disaster for Geelong.

Graham will end up captaining the tigers and arguably should have won the Norm Smith.

Caddy and pick 56 (became 53, which we drafted Graham with) for 24 (Parfitt) and 64 ( became 60 and Narkle drafted)

Especially if North fans use it. They get to see 40 of them play at different levels week in, week out so they know what to look for. ;)
This isn't about North, mate (#obsession). I however are one of few supporters that know we have a list full of spuds, probably why I have such a great ability in picking them (read: Caddy). You're preaching to the choir here.

No I would do it again. Done good things with the picks and we were more then a Caddy off the pace this year. Think he has been the same B grader for Richmond which is about what they paid for him.

Win win I think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This isn't about North, mate (#obsession). I however are one of few supporters that know we have a list full of spuds, probably why I have such a great ability in picking them (read: Caddy). You're preaching to the choir here.

I know you are one if the best of a bad lot. You want an obsession check out Rod or Snake in any Richmond related thread on the main board. :)

Yep - remember people were saying similar things about Will Langford and Taylor Duryea a few years ago.

This could be a turning point for Caddy but let's reserve judgement for a while. Same with Prestia - it was Richmond supporters only a few months ago crucifying their recruiters for trading him in.
Prestia had shown he was a gun or close to it at GC though

Big stage big game, found wanting.

These are facts
Big game the following week. Stood up.
See how pointless it is to arbitrarily select one game or moment, the body of work is far more important. Superior.

Good trade all round it seems.

So the loss of Caddy meant we got more games into Menegola in the midfield. So to compare the stats this year of Caddy and Menegola and throw in Caddy 2016 at Geelong just for measure.

mengvscad.jpg
So Geelong are getting a lot more output from Menegola then we ever got out of Caddy. I'd say both clubs are currently happy with the trade and I'd guess Caddy is even happier.

Caddy almost never loses a one on one. Parfitt looks a very nice player, and yes Geelong should be pretty happy with him, no.27 rarely nets such a good player, but Caddy is ready made now. Can mark, kicks goals, hits hard and reads the play. Thought he was to slow at the start of the season but has run some kg's off and played a great finals series. Could't see the Norm Smith, (thought Nankervis almost deserved it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back