Traded Josh Caddy [traded to Richmond with pick 56 for picks 24 and 64]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well everyone of them is better than Chris Mayne, and all being paid a lot less too.

80202-zooey-deschanel-crying-sad-gif-th6E.gif

Has it? All I've seen is reports he's on $1.5m over 3 years with the giants which is a brand new contract.
Can you link any of these multiple reports you are talking about?

Linked one on last page mate that stated $700k+.

I'm sure you have the Internet, Google it. New deal is 3 years/1.5 million, but he can't renegotiate this year as he was under contract with the Tigers.

Linked one on last page mate that stated $700k+.

I'm sure you have the Internet, Google it. New deal is 3 years/1.5 million, but he can't renegotiate this year as he was under contract with the Tigers.
I read your link.
$1.5m contract for three years.
No mention of $700k+ in first year.
Players renegotiate contracts all the time when they change clubs.
Richmond would have done it for Caddy.

Last edited:
I read your link.
$1.5m contract for three years.
No mention of $700k+ in first year.
Players renegotiate contracts all the time.
Richmond would have done it for Caddy.

Incorrect.

Collingwood are paying some of Cloke's contract as well, as he was on an exorbitant amount.

Why would Buddy's contract have to count against the cap if he retired?

And Richmond voided Deledio's contract did they?
Yes I'm pretty sure we did, the Giants came out and said he has taken a pay cut to move to them.

We are paying some of his $500k in his first year however I would imagine it would be $100-$200k which is still well below the $800k we would have been playing him next year.

Watched Caddy closely during his time at the Suns and he is a great talent but selfish, all about himself and I think the Cats saw that

However this being his 3rd team and and the natural growth that comes from getting a bit older maybe he will become the team player he needs to be

We are beginning to really like the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, depends on the supporter. I've never been a big fan of Caddy myself, I feel he's spent four years being "that guy who is poised for a breakout year". I think the Cats gave a bit more in that deal than they should have, but it's not detrimental.

As far as Lids' worth, as much as I've heard over the last few years about player decline at 30 and how Geelong hasn't been pursuing youth, why would the Cats give up youth and a pick for a 29-year-old who hasn't been 100% healthy in three years? It's all relative - on raw worth, Lids may be worth Motlop and a 1st, but given the position the Cats are in at the moment, he's not worth it to them.
3 years?? Lids was all australian last year. the guy is a GUN and will kill it for GWS next year. u guys should have traded Caddy for him when u had the chance..

Cats f$&ked up coz they could've had Deledio for Caddy straight swap at the start of the week. CBF going into all the scenarios of how the rest of the week turned out for them but at the end of the day they s**t the bed

/end thread
No doubt they buggered this up, Deledio wanted to go to Geelong, Richmond wanted Caddy and the deal was done. The Cats correctly told the Tigers Caddy was off limits and the deal was off. GWS pounce and astonishingly Geelong then trade Caddy for well under his worth for pick 24! Now unless Geelong have some master plan in place for the 2017 trade table and they have someone who has committed to them already, then i find this move extremely puzzling. Who are they really after next year? There must be something up down there?

Unless you were brought in as a Free agent or through the drafts you can renegotiate your contract whenever you like for whatever you like.

So Deledios new deal at GWS has nothing to do with what He was on at Richmond as long as he agrees it can be anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back