Traded Josh Corbett [Traded to Fremantle for F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's as s**t.as every sun poster has pointed out why are freo interested? It sounds like he won't be best 22 and it's a waist of draft capital

He isn't s**t. He is an amazing contested mark and has a big tank but sadly doesn't offer a heap more than that. I feel with a good run in seniors though he could become a valuable player.

He isn't s**t. He is an amazing contested mark and has a big tank but sadly doesn't offer a heap more than that. I feel with a good run in seniors though he could become a valuable player.

One dimensional or just lack of exposure and coaching

If he's as s**t.as every sun poster has pointed out why are freo interested? It sounds like he won't be best 22 and it's a waist of draft capital
He isn't best 22 and he won't cost you draft capital. It's a move in case Taberner's body self implodes for a month in June and you've got cover to win games rather than playing some teenager rookie pick up at CHF.

He isn't best 22 and he won't cost you draft capital. It's a move in case Taberner's body self implodes for a month in June and you've got cover to win games rather than playing some teenager rookie pick up at CHF.

We have Tracey who isn't getting games. He's shown potential. I wonder how the both compare?

He's just an old fashioned mark - kick down the line player.

Positives
Excellent mark, exceptionally strong hands.
Top 3 in every suns time trial - workhorse.
Kicked 27 goals, 12 behinds in his last 17 (non sub) AFL games (2021 + 2022) - the goal kicking yips are are problem from 3+years ago.

Negatives
Virtual non-factor with ball on ground
Could probably count on one hand the number of career goals he has kicked from open play
Not quick
Doesn't create anything

I feel this is depth at best

Tabs Amiss Tracey all key forwards same as Lobb if he stays. Sturt needs to put his hand up. They are all taller and mobile.

I hope he proves me wrong

Trade got done too quickly. I wanted to go 12 rounds with Suns supporters over pushing the trade out to a future 5th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched him emulate prime Carey at the MCG against Collingwood last year. Performances like that just show you have the required ability. Think he can be a great pickup for Freo.
His highs are high, its just his lows are pretty low

The sort of player you want on the wing for that desperate kick out of defence while leaving your tall forwards close to goal. Take the mark and a handoff to Hayden Young .

Seems like a reasonable pick up. Looks like a few of ours boys that have left us, the highs are very good, the lows pretty bad. I guess the consistency can only improve with games and that's entirely up to him now.

Best of luck to Corbo,

I know Freo have alot of hard runners and i'm sure he'll do the 100x100m on Xmas Day with the boys.

He's our best 2km runner and has always been a top professional since getting picked up.

Unfortunately we just didn't have that role for him as we're more of a pressure side than a lead up side.

If he can get a spot in the team, he'll provide consistent leads and a very strong set of hands. It's definitely alot drier in Perth so i could see him having a field day at Optus.

His goalkicking is still 50-50 from anywhere so keep that in mind.

Best of luck to Corbo,

I know Freo have alot of hard runners and i'm sure he'll do the 100x100m on Xmas Day with the boys.

He's our best 2km runner and has always been a top professional since getting picked up.

Unfortunately we just didn't have that role for him as we're more of a pressure side than a lead up side.

If he can get a spot in the team, he'll provide consistent leads and a very strong set of hands. It's definitely alot drier in Perth so i could see him having a field day at Optus.

That's an improvement on some :p . Are his issues technique related or is it between the ears?

Best of luck to Corbo,

Thats better that 800k a year Logues accuracy

That's an improvement on some :p . Are his issues technique related or is it between the ears?
Bit of both,

His first two seasons at the suns he managed 6.14 from 16 games, when we were rock bottom.

Didn't take his chance at all, the last two years 27.12 at AFL and 30.22 in the VFL side which made the prelim.

Seems he has improved his accuracy, it seems he perform better when he's in a better side and not constantly defending/chasing tail/getting s**t forward entries.

I feel this is depth at best

Tabs Amiss Tracey all key forwards same as Lobb if he stays. Sturt needs to put his hand up. They are all taller and mobile.

I hope he proves me wrong
He could be anything. Could be a solid 25-30 goal a season forward.

Could be another Shane Kersten or Michael Apeness.

Still...

If this was Ross Lyons 2012-15 finals era, he would walk into Freos forward line as a CHF.

But its 2023, he wont walk into freos forward line. Yet.... will get a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back