Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Degoey's proven nobody wrong, iirc he was very good during last years PS games only to disappoint when the real stuff rolled around, jury is still out, we'll know what we've got after this season IMO, fingers crossed.

Disagree. Has improved year on year and I expect further improvement in 2017 as he grows into a mature footballer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm doing my best to temper my expections of young Daicos, and still fully expect to see him at Vic Park this year, and not the MCG.

I have only seen highlights from the match on Thursday night, but there were some (magician like?) signs in the last quarter. That quick run in, pick up and dish off to JDG for a goal. That is instinct, it cant be taught. And it happened so quickly, in the blink of an eye. Just like his Dad used to do. Love it.

Last edited:
I'm doing my best to temper my expections of young Daicos, and still fully expect to see him at Vic Park this year, and not the MCG.

I have only seen highlights from the match on Thursday night, but there were some (magician like?) signs in the last quarter. That quick run in, pick up and dish off to JDG for a goal. That is insticnt, it cant be taught. And it happened so quickly, in the blink of an eye. Just like his Dad used to do. Love it.
Quietly confident, loving hearing that name, he has some similar attributes of his father.

So if we've been hiding Josh, how about Nick then?

I'm calling GOAT early, no pressure.:p
Heh, if Josh turns out to be a gun then there's not going to be any possibility of hiding Nick. From what I've read about him I'd be stunned if AFL recruiters weren't keeping a close eye on him already.

Heh, if Josh turns out to be a gun then there's not going to be any possibility of hiding Nick. From what I've read about him I'd be stunned if AFL recruiters weren't keeping a close eye on him already.
I josh of course.

Suggesting if we are hiding Nick "like we did" with Josh & he's still going gangbusters, how good is he then? ha ha

By the time Nick comes along the F/S rules will have probably changed again. But yeah I agree I think the scouts will be right onto him especially if he has a good under 15/16 carnival.

Daicos looked poised and sharp and was handy in tight. Looks like a 12 year old playing with men at the moment but was a tantalizing little morsel of things to come one feels.

As encouraging as his first couple of trials have been still think this kid should be developed slowly. Let's build the body for the rigours of AFL before releasing him. A serious injury is the last thing we want.

Disagree. Has improved year on year and I expect further improvement in 2017 as he grows into a mature footballer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Despite improving his "statistical" numbers last year I thought he looked cod ordinary in a lot of his games, poor disposal, getting caught HTB often, it had me wondering if he was a poor top 5 selection as it appeared he was going to be a solid player but not star potential which most top 5 pick are.

But if he can produce more games like last weekend then he will be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we've been hiding Josh, how about Nick then?

I'm calling GOAT early, no pressure.:p

Every report had Nick as the more talented of the two, which happens a lot with brothers.. often the younger one has to try and match it with the older one his whole life and ends up better when they hit the same age.

Having both in our best 22 would be something special

Despite improving his "statistical" numbers last year I thought he looked cod ordinary in a lot of his games, poor disposal, getting caught HTB often, it had me wondering if he was a poor top 5 selection as it appeared he was going to be a solid player but not star potential which most top 5 pick are.

But if he can produce more games like last weekend then he will be a gun.

He had some bad moments last season but he still showed signs and didn't spend a lot of time in the clinches where he does his best work. I think we'll see a lot more of his best work moving forward.

Every report had Nick as the more talented of the two, which happens a lot with brothers.. often the younger one has to try and match it with the older one his whole life and ends up better when they hit the same age.

Good to see you on the bandwagon Kappa I think it is going to get full very soon.........I admit the romance of the name got me initially but watching him in person I am convinced this kid can play.

Looking forward to watching this kids career unfold.

I thought Daicos was a sentimental pick, but he has certainly shown promising signs. On Thursday, I particularly liked his run out of the backline after he had passed the ball. He got to a great position to receive a ball on return that his team mate fluffed on the wing so nothing came of it. The important point was that he had achieved separation on his opponent in a great position to take the ball further. Like Didak in this. His forward line actions were much more like his father, and again, looked great. His ability to be in the best possible spot most times is priceless, and may show to greater advantage in real games. (may not of course). I am with those who think that it is a case of easy does it. He is not yet physically ready for the crunch of real games.
For those who have made this thread about De Goey, I think he is showing signs that he may be able to take on Swan's role. Not sure if he has the pace, but he certainly is trying for the same burst from packs that Swan did so spectacularly.

Please God let him have skipped the dodgy knee gene and got extra helping of the "OMFG How did he kick that!!" gene

Please God let him have skipped the dodgy knee gene and got extra helping of the "OMFG How did he kick that!!" gene
Skip the foot stress fractures too.

It was like Lillee losing his best years to back problems & World Series.:(

Just remember he was fresh in a jlt game in the last qaurter against a team who half its players had last year off and had ran out of legs..

*ducks for cover*

Skip the foot stress fractures too.

It was like Lillee losing his best years to back problems & World Series.:(
Worse......... Thommo getting a conscience.....and not killing Tony Grieg.

Didn't seem to apply to Cam Cloke. Or Nathan Ablett. Or Chris Daniher.
But I digress...am super-pumped with the progress to date of JD

Didn't seem to apply to Cam Cloke. Or Nathan Ablett. Or Chris Daniher.
But I digress...am super-pumped with the progress to date of JD

Well Travis Cloke was the youngest and ended up being the best...

Nathan Ablett didn't succeed because he didn't want to play AFL footy, nothing to do with his talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back