Draft Profile Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood Father/Son Prospect

JOSH Daicos didn't play in the TAC Cup last year, instead keeping his football commitments to school and local level. His plan to be drafted always centred on this year: on making the Oakleigh Chargers squad, and seeing how far he could progress.

Although still early in the year, 17-year-old Daicos, the son of Collingwood champion Peter, has shown some exciting signs. Last weekend in a practice game for the Chargers, the 178cm forward kicked a handful of goals and displayed his class in attack.

Collingwood has known about Daicos for a long time – he has been a member of its father-son academy since its inception (the academy is named after Peter), and he recently spent some time meeting more of the Magpies' staff.

He will carry extra attention in the lead-up to this year's NAB AFL Draft as the son of the famous 250-gamer, but his dad said there were no expectations on what could unfold.

"He's loving the structure of the Oakleigh program and he's really enjoying the coaching and the boys who are there. It's great," Peter told AFL.com.au.

"There's a long way to go, but the pre-season and the type of coaching he's getting is going to keep him in good stead."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-...ny-fatherson-prospects-on-the-radar-this-year

Great to see this name back, even if its for the opposition. The Macedonian Marvel is back.

And I'm not talking about Petrevski in WA, who the latter is being touted as no1 draftprospect.

Very good with ball in hand but getting the ball seems to be the problem.

I agree with that.

He is very good with Ball in Hand but does lack Ball Winning Ability.

Also found he lacks Multiple Efforts.

Though does have a Lot of Upside

I agree with that.

He is very good with Ball in Hand but does lack Ball Winning Ability.

Also found he lacks Multiple Efforts.

Though does have a Lot of Upside
you just know that he'll pop up with a GOTY one year. I think consistency will be his biggest concern. As you said though, lots of upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back