Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you basing the ceilings on? Is it simply because Crocker was better when younger and has thus been exposed more. I get that Daicos has more composure with ball in hand, but why are you assuming that Crocker has reached his ceiling?

I've seen minimal improvement at AFL level when he played.
His improvement at VFL level has also been minimal (yes i get along to watch VFL)

I will say he has improved his tank, but he has a limited skill set and physical abilities.
He is 185cm, a decent overhead mark, he's also decent set shot but 5-6 cm short for playing a 3rd tall role like a Mihocek and he's far too slow for someone of that height to play as a half forward.

He's in no mans land with his body type.

Daicos has shown substantial improvement at VFL level, has the uncanny ability to weave through small gaps and seemingly slow down time like Pendles does, composure with ball in hand is worth it's weight in gold especially if it translates at AFL level.

I've seen minimal improvement at AFL level when he played.
His improvement at VFL level has also been minimal (yes i get along to watch VFL)

I will say he has improved his tank, but he has a limited skill set and physical abilities.
He is 185cm, a decent overhead mark, he's also decent set shot but 5-6 cm short for playing a 3rd tall role like a Mihocek and he's far too slow for someone of that height to play as a half forward.

He's in no mans land with his body type.

Daicos has shown substantial improvement at VFL level, has the uncanny ability to weave through small gaps and seemingly slow down time like Pendles does, composure with ball in hand is worth it's weight in gold especially if it translates at AFL level.

It’s an interesting perspective as you’d think Sunday is Daicos v Crocker for that forward type spot with JS sitting the game out.

It might just be that both of them are the levels of good medium talent enough to stay on a list (well for a few years) but not quite enough to grab a 22 spot for keeps.

But they better take their opportunity when given. It’s cut throat.

Josh reminds me of Paul Tuddenham (differences ofcourse) but both have seemed good enough for games but that longer term extra bit.... Paul was so athletic but just lacked that extra bit.
Fortunately for Josh he has the opportunity to push up into the side and earn his spot and make it his.

Fascinating watch.

(Crocker? I’m less down on Crocker than others, so don’t mind him as a depth piece on the list. Can play some games do some jobs, be a cheap depth piece. Offers character around the place. So we’ll see where he’s at. He may ofcourse find himself on on the list in a year or so, but I’m not adverse in keeping him as cheaper list depth. Him, Broomhead those types, you probably need a couple of those.)

Jarryd Blair said on SEN last year after his delisting that the club told him that the plan was to give more opportunities to the kids that can fill his role this year. You would think that refers to Brown and Daicos.

I think that's mord to do with ladies not being too partial to naked mummified guys holding their penises

Actually the guy who took the photo caught me conducting some stress minimisation when a local volcano erupted ..

He had the nerve to send it in to his local newspaper with an allegation that I was involved in doing something inappropriate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Daics cos he's one of those players who just doesn't do anything wrong. Rarely fumbles, rarely misuses the ball, rarely misses a tackle he should stick, rarely gets outplayed in a contested situation you'd expect him to win. He does a lot of things right.

The key with him will just be getting to more contests and getting more of the pill - if he can make those clean, mistake-free plays 25 times a game instead of 12-13 times, he'll become a really valuable member, really fast.

Think he plays HF possibly rotating with JT off the bench.
I'm hoping he plays wing. Others have seen a lot more, but from the bits I have seen, he's got class on the spread suited to wing, but his pressure and first dibs stuff isn't quite ready for a small forward role.

The only position he can play is half forward really. Not a midfielder and not really a small forward either
What are you basing this on? You know he’s played midfield all year in the VFL right?

The way our young Daicos is being described we are about to see the emergence of AA level talent.

Let’s see how he does before we go into over drive.

Im hoping for a good game.

The only position he can play is half forward really. Not a midfielder and not really a small forward either

This year he has played a midfield role in the VFL and has been quite effective. Skills and good awareness, he has them in spades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back