Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

I once saw Peter Daicos (at Victoria Park, Yarra Falls end, Johnston St side) kick a perfectly spiralling, 40 metre torpedo that got no higher than 15 feet off the ground.

This memory continues to take me to my happy place.

Go Josh.

The

There wasn't much to like about him early which is why there was over a year between his third and fourth game for us. Of course at that stage we still thought he was the forward we recruited him to be.

That's not quite true. Even from the start he showed signs, and his 9th or 10th senior game against the Roos gave every indication of the player he could be if he could pull it all together.

How good was that play vs WC where Josh was surrounded by Eagles on our defensive 50. He twists, turns and hits a flat 45m left footer across the ground to Stephenson in between two Eagles.

That combination of decision making, vision, and ability to execute an incredibly difficult and high risk kick under finals pressure, in your first final no less, is extremely impressive.

How good was that play vs WC where Josh was surrounded by Eagles on our defensive 50. He twists, turns and hits a flat 45m left footer across the ground to Stephenson in between two Eagles.

That combination of decision making, vision, and ability to execute an incredibly difficult and high risk kick under finals pressure, in your first final no less, is extremely impressive.
The kick inside 50 on his left that was perfectly weighted to the advantage of Checkers was ridiculous too.

The kick inside 50 on his left that was perfectly weighted to the advantage of Checkers was ridiculous too.
Yep that was the other stand out.

Two precision kicks that could be argued saved one goal and created another.

That’s ridiculously influential for two disposals.

That was a thing of beauty; haven’t had that since Didak. Ok, maybe Pendles, but he’s been a constant and a bridge between the Didak and Daicos eras.

That was a thing of beauty; haven’t had that since Didak. Ok, maybe Pendles, but he’s been a constant and a bridge between the Didak and Daicos eras.
Nice kick from Pendles to Cox that set up Jordy's first goal. My wife was passing by the tv and said "how good is Pendles!?".....lol

Re the bolded. We may be entering a new era, I hope so.

Husband said to me after the EF - ‘looks like you’ve found your new Pendles’.:p

The fact that Josh has this situational awareness and the ability to create space and time without a single game of elite level basketball as a junior is mind-boggling.

Nice kick from Pendles to Cox that set up Jordy's first goal. My wife was passing by the tv and said "how good is Pendles!?".....lol
That Pendles kick in the dying seconds around the body to WHE was also very very trademark no.10. Time and awareness when the heat was at it's absolute highest

I once saw Peter Daicos (at Victoria Park, Yarra Falls end, Johnston St side) kick a perfectly spiralling, 40 metre torpedo that got no higher than 15 feet off the ground.

This memory continues to take me to my happy place.

Go Josh.

It was so low it went between his opponents legs!!!!!

I was there the day he kicked a goal from such a tight angle that the ball got stuck between the goalposts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry i read your post as Pendles was a bridge between Daicos and Didak.

"Ok, maybe Pendles, but he’s been a constant and a bridge between the Didak and Daicos eras."

That quote thought ol Bucks deserved a mention.
That’s fine, we’re getting a bit bogged down.

What I meant to say is that I hadn’t seen that type of pass since Didak, and then thought of Pendles, but of course Pendlebury played with both those guys and is still playing...

I hadn’t thought of Buckley because he finished before Didak, so in saying I hadn’t seen it since Didak, Didak was the most recent example I could think of with kicking of that quality.

Phew!

Didak was after Bucks...

...does Leon Davis get a mention in this era naming?

Both All Australian's twice. Both lovely kicks.

Sure Didak had a career total of 134 goal assists to Leon's 106. But Leon put it inside fifty 141 times less than Dids did.

But maybe that's because you felt like you needed to kick it, if a magician passed it to you.

I'd really Love to see young Josh have another great game this weekend but I think Geelong will be putting some work into him.

...does Leon Davis get a mention in this era naming?

Both All Australian's twice. Both lovely kicks.

Sure Didak had a career total of 134 goal assists to Leon's 106. But Leon put it inside fifty 141 times less than Dids did.

But maybe that's because you felt like you needed to kick it, if a magician passed it to you.
Leon was a joy to watch, his only flaw was in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back