Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Malcolm Blight says hello

Did he even win it? You have a 40 year old example of somebody who didn’t win goal of the year

Maybe if somebody nails a goal from 70 out and it goes post high they deserve it. Assuming there’s no massive wind assistance.

Set shots are by definition uncontested. And should never win goal of the year.

Did he even win it? You have a 40 year old example of somebody who didn’t win goal of the year

Maybe if somebody nails a goal from 70 out and it goes post high they deserve it. Assuming there’s no massive wind assistance.

Set shots are by definition uncontested. And should never win goal of the year.
I dont know if he did to be honest. But a goal like that should go bloodly close. The fact it beat Carlton after the siren gets extra points.

Kicking a torp like that, from that far out, is pretty skillfull

Last edited:
Mick McGuanes goal was a ripper. Although he bounced the ball way to many times. Players do not take advantage of this rule. Only the best like Chris Judd. He took advantage of the steps allowed and motored away from all traffic.
I often see players bouncing after a couple of steps. Don't they teach this at AFL level?

I don't understand this need for a lesson though.

It was very clear Daicos had legitimate talent immediately and just wasn't getting a consistent run at it. Yet Callum Brown who has CLEARLY less ability was being gifted games ahead of him.

I had absolutely no idea why anyone on this board had anything against Daicos to begin with, it was bizarre. Was everyone expecting him to just...be his dad day one or something?
Yeah Josh’ low centre of gravity, evasion and dual sided kicking we’re all noticeable from day one. It was only his fitness that needed improving.

Wouldn't have even made the highlights in one of his dads games lol, seriously though Josh will be marked harder than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Josh a few years back in a PS game in Wangaratta, he didn't go as hard as he could've in a marking contest so i wrote him off, i didn't quit my day job luckily.

I watched Josh a few years back in a PS game in Wangaratta, he didn't go as hard as he could've in a marking contest so i wrote him off, i didn't quit my day job luckily.
He has come a long way since.
Even he admitted he struggled with his fitness and able to run out games because of his battle with asthma,since he was a junior.

He has come a long way since.
Even he admitted he struggled with his fitness and able to run out games because of his battle with asthma,since he was a junior.
Looks like a chip off the ole block now, kid can move on a dime like his dad, knowing us we'll pass on Nick lol.

Mick McGuanes goal was a ripper. Although he bounced the ball way to many times. Players do not take advantage of this rule. Only the best like Chris Judd. He took advantage of the steps allowed and motored away from all traffic.
I often see players bouncing after a couple of steps. Don't they teach this at AFL level?

Sometimes it’s wiser to take an early bounce whilst you have time .....rather than run your full measure and find out you have been corralled and forced into a rushed kick or handball. Taking a bounce might also buy time to draw an opponent to you to open up a linkage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back