Recommitted Josh Dunkley [contracted and staying at the Western Bulldogs]

Indeed they would have.

The asking price was a pretty fair indication that the Dogs didn't want to trade him.

id say so too

dogs clearly asked for something there's no way we would have paid. i reckon they knew that.

Haha, correct.....But they traded a second rounder back:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shiel AA year....Wowee
Must have been a dud year.

I see Dunkley won a flag a couple of years before and has been in AA squads. Runner up in B&F in 2019. 2nd behind Bont is as good as a B&F at any other club.

No player in the history of the AFL has ever been traded for 2 x TOP 10 picks that has not been an All Australian before. Dunkley has not won an AA award.

Even Dylan Shiel who literally just won an AA had GWS send a 2nd rounder back to Essendon.

The good thing about hindsight is whilst the Shiel trade turned out bad, so would have the Dunkley one.

Chalky White

All Australian
Sep 30, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And none of that was relevant or related to the Dunkley deal.
It was though. You traded Shiel a far inferior player to Dunkley for two first rounders (2nd back but still 2 first rounders).
Shiel isn't good enough to carry Dunkleys bag to the ground, yet the deal offered whilst Dunkley was in contract and required by Dogs is laughable.
Shiel wasn't really wanted by The Giants, salary cap pressure was a contributing factor. But the Giants played it smart by saying he was required when he obviously wasn't.

Chalky White

All Australian
Sep 30, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No player in the history of the AFL has ever been traded for 2 x TOP 10 picks that has not been an All Australian before. Dunkley has not won an AA award.

Even Dylan Shiel who literally just won an AA had GWS send a 2nd rounder back to Essendon.

The good thing about hindsight is whilst the Shiel trade turned out bad, so would have the Dunkley one.
With two years left on the contract that was the price. Now being out of contract the price Essendon offered is fair.

With two years left on the contract that was the price. Now being out of contract the price Essendon offered is fair.

No, you will get significantly less than what we offered before.

We offered Pick 7 + a 2nd.

You will likely now just get Pick 8 (if its Port).

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
dogs clearly asked for something there's no way we would have paid. i reckon they knew that.

Yes we did. And the bombers knew that. Yet you still pursued him, held up other trades, made public claims about why we wouldn’t give him up.

We’ve got to wonder why Essendon would do that - what value does that serve in getting the player, or further what message does that send to other players who you might attract in future? A pretty s**t one about a club that doesn’t really care about you if you’re a player.

No other club does this every year.

It was though. You traded Shiel a far inferior player to Dunkley for two first rounders (2nd back but still 2 first rounders).
Shiel isn't good enough to carry Dunkleys bag to the ground, yet the deal offered whilst Dunkley was in contract and required by Dogs is laughable.
Shiel wasn't really wanted by The Giants, salary cap pressure was a contributing factor. But the Giants played it smart by saying he was required when he obviously wasn't.

Oh now I remember why I don’t post much anymore.

Yes we did. And the bombers knew that. Yet you still pursued him, held up other trades, made public claims about why we wouldn’t give him up.

We’ve got to wonder why Essendon would do that - what value does that serve in getting the player, or further what message does that send to other players who you might attract in future? A pretty s**t one about a club that doesn’t really care about you if you’re a player.

No other club does this every year.

i'm not sure about that timeline.

That would depend if the Dogs told us hat the price was before trade night, unless you know for a fact it was i'm not sure how you convince yourself Essendon knew prior the the dogs would ask for 2 first.

Very assumption based IMO

Lol this is one of the best melts i have read outside the bay in some time.

Essendon fans need to remember we couldnt do anything with the picks they offered because of Jamarra and Darcy. Their compo would have eaten up the picks.

This years a different story though. Hoping to get a first and second for him
Try again.

How about you try again, they meant future picks. You know you can trade those now right?
At the time Bulldogs fans told us they only wanted future picks.

So. Try again. This time without retrospectively shifting the goal posts.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
At the time Bulldogs fans told us they only wanted future picks.

So. Try again. This time without retrospectively shifting the goal posts.

Oh right because it’s what bulldogs fans want (most of whom wouldn’t have been aware of Darcy).

Gotcha.

I didn’t know trades were sorted out in bigfooty forums.

Oh right because it’s what bulldogs fans want (most of whom wouldn’t have been aware of Darcy).

Gotcha.

I didn’t know trades were sorted out in bigfooty forums.
Nobody said that. Keep struggling away.

Back