Remove this Banner Ad

Wild Bill

Brownlow Medallist
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I think you’ve got more things to be concerned about.

Like the literal existence of your club, considering you are substantially worse than the clubs sitting 17th and 16th.
Lol - if you can survive what you did then we are golden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BombersDave

Debutant
Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Question for the neutrals, does the injury affect his trade value?
Good question. I wouldn't think so. If he doesn't get back this year then he's still had a blistering start playing his preferred inside mid position and you would be fairly confident the injury won't affect him going forward. Only way his value possibly drops is if he comes back and does it again but can't see that happening.

Hak94

Debutant
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
If the Dogs didn't accept what Ess had to offer last year, they certainly won't take a singular top ten this year from them. His value has increased, even if he doesn't play again this year. His first six-game have seen him in the top five mids in the game. Even with the game appearing to now be played more on the outside, he appears to be one of the big-bodied mids that have managed to still retain form on the inside game (probably due to having a good outside game too + his speed). The only way I could see Ess now needing him (or going after him) is if they moved on Shiel, which I highly doubt they would even though Dunkley appears to be a much more suitable player. With the onset of Parish, picking up of Caldwell and the other mids - Merrett, McGrath + Stringer as a pinch hit/impact clearance player etc, I don't think it makes much sense for Ess to go after him anymore, even though I'm sure he'd be a huge addition. Throw in Perkins who needs a year or two to get bigger + more experience too. The asking price is far to high for a position that Ess have depth in now, just needs time to develop those guys + things fall into place.

Struggle

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It makes 0 sense for us to trade him this season. We're going to be aiming for a flag next season and what Dunkley provides vs his current wage is too great to even consider moving him on unless it gave us a star KPD.

He will still be worth a top 10 pick after next season when out of contract

Remove this Banner Ad