Recommitted Josh Dunkley [contracted and staying at the Western Bulldogs]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. But. What player has asked to be traded twice under contract and refused a trade, twice?

Once yes, twice I can’t think of.

If he was to ask to get traded yet again, I’m sure the bulldogs would get it done, even if it’s for less than those people swinging their dicks around here talking tough would like.
I’ve literally written I have no idea who has asked to be traded twice and stayed. Not sure why you’re asking me again. I’ve also written I would trade him if he asks again and I agree I think we would as we clearly couldn’t change his mind. He’s still contracted and was playing very very well so his value hasn’t taken a massive hit.

Its just ridiculous. Most bombers supporters seem genuine in here. But this guy starting to take the p1ss.

The Hun has declared this guy is so good the Dons no longer need Dunkley.

I'd like to see him play like this for the rest of the year before making that sort of call.

...then again, last year the Hun declared Ben Brown "the missing piece in the premiership puzzle" for the Bombers 🙃

The Hun has declared this guy is so good the Dons no longer need Dunkley.

I'd like to see him play like this for the rest of the year before making that sort of call.

...then again, last year the Hun declared Ben Brown "the missing piece in the premiership puzzle" for the Bombers 🙃

We still need an inside bull, just not one who’s gonna cost us 2 first rounders, and one who has durability issues. We are rebuilding

4 injuries in 5 years and you're saying he has durability issues? You could create a similar list for every player in the AFL.

Not a risk we should be willing to take, although dodo does love injury prone players.

We still need an inside bull, just not one who’s gonna cost us 2 first rounders, and one who has durability issues. We are rebuilding
I was all for Dunkley.
With a year left to run, i'd approach next year when out of contract.
If we use our 2022 1st for anything this year, it should be to get 2x later 1st rd picks into this years draft (Looking at Lions or Tigers here)

The impact kids are having in our environment so far is paying good dividends.
Adding established pieces that will cost early picks can take a backseat until end of 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the game now showing that the inside bull-type players aren't as valuable as those outside types though? Just my take/what appears to be evident through the somewhat decline in form of the likes of Fyfe, Cripps etc. I know those players have had injuries/niggles etc and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I sort of feel like those outside types, players with more break away speed from the CCs are way more valuable now then the inside bull-types. Could totally be wrong here and happy to be called out on it too. Not saying Dunkley hasn't shown he may be one of the few big-bodied types to find form through this sudden faster paced overall game that's being played but perhaps the need to go after him now isn't as warranted (even though I'd happily take him).

We need to put Stringer in the center to force the ball forward for us, Dunkley is absolutely a need so we can keep Jake forward.

I think he'll see out his contract and then move as a FA if the dogs don't give him a huge pay rise.

He's easily worthy of a 800+ a year contract, what's he on now 450?
He wouldn’t be a FA when he is out of contract in 2022

We need to put Stringer in the center to force the ball forward for us, Dunkley is absolutely a need so we can keep Jake forward.

I think he'll see out his contract and then move as a FA if the dogs don't give him a huge pay rise.

He's easily worthy of a 800+ a year contract, what's he on now 450?
i like the role of Stringer at centre bounce then pushing forward. Rather than replace that i'd work with it. He looks fit enough to be doing 30/70 mid/fwd work.
Also means one of the smaller mids can start forward and push up when Stringer moves forward.

If i'm the dogs looking at where i cut my losses - McLean, Schache, JJ are good ones to sacrifice.
Richards, Wallis, Libba, Duryea and Cordy this year are also there.

Bont this year, then Macrae, Dunkley and Smith would be the primary focus.
English after that.

For us, let's see how half a season with the current crew looks, then adding Caldwell and Shiel back in.
At this stage, i'm thinking Dunkley is only a priority if we lose Merrett or Parish.

i like the role of Stringer at centre bounce then pushing forward. Rather than replace that i'd work with it. He looks fit enough to be doing 30/70 mid/fwd work.
Also means one of the smaller mids can start forward and push up when Stringer moves forward.

If i'm the dogs looking at where i cut my losses - McLean, Schache, JJ are good ones to sacrifice.
Richards, Wallis, Libba, Duryea and Cordy this year are also there.

Bont this year, then Macrae, Dunkley and Smith would be the primary focus.
English after that.

For us, let's see how half a season with the current crew looks, then adding Caldwell and Shiel back in.
At this stage, i'm thinking Dunkley is only a priority if we lose Merrett or Parish.
Libba and Duryea have been 2 of our best.

Perhaps its the outside looking in perspective, but if the options are keep Dunkley or Libba + Duryea, i'd go Dunkley.
You don’t dump gun sons of club legends. He signs for unders as well. Culturally probably the worst thing we could do.
We have no one else that does what Duryea does.
There was actually a rumour on our board that Gia is trying to persuade Wallis over to you guys with the promise of a return to the midfield. I can’t see it myself.

You don’t dump gun sons of club legends. He signs for unders as well. Culturally probably the worst thing we could do.
We have no one else that does what Duryea does.
There was actually a rumour on our board that Gia is trying to persuade Wallis over to you guys with the promise of a return to the midfield. I can’t see it myself.
can safely tell you not to put too much weight into sons of club legends.....can come back to bite you :p

Is the game now showing that the inside bull-type players aren't as valuable as those outside types though? Just my take/what appears to be evident through the somewhat decline in form of the likes of Fyfe, Cripps etc. I know those players have had injuries/niggles etc and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I sort of feel like those outside types, players with more break away speed from the CCs are way more valuable now then the inside bull-types. Could totally be wrong here and happy to be called out on it too. Not saying Dunkley hasn't shown he may be one of the few big-bodied types to find form through this sudden faster paced overall game that's being played but perhaps the need to go after him now isn't as warranted (even though I'd happily take him).

If you watched us vs port you know that we need one. Our midfield was bullied into submission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back