Strategy Josh Dunkley- Deal or no Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta admit the Bombers have done pretty well to identify Dunks and get him to commit. Right type, good age etc.

Pretty incredible, with everything that’s going wrong down there. Haven’t won a final in 16 years, won one in their last ten games this season with some truly horrific performances, their own players wanting out here there and everywhere, their departing coach questioning their professionalism and sense of entitlement and already rumours of falling out between players and the new coach. Would’ve thought it’d be one of the last places you’d choose to go but here we are with a gun mid about to enter his prime deciding its a good option.

He’s done a pretty terrible job over his 10 years in the role but Dodoro must have the gift of the gab.

Gotta admit the Bombers have done pretty well to identify Dunks and get him to commit. Right type, good age etc.
You have to wonder if *someone* has been shopping him around, or has some sort of personal connection to Bummerland. Or maybe has been in cahoots with Pickering to get him a better deal. I get the feeling this has been planned for a while.

*someone* being a close family member...

I don't begrudge Essendon on that... I just want them to pay up :)

Listening to Sam Power I would say 99% sure there will a deal. Started with is required player then ended saying basically if we get a good enough deal it will happen.

Trade for overs, or keep.

If we can turn him into a 2021 first rounder and a player of need I'm comfortable with it.

If they do not offer or accept at trade for their two early fist round pics, only thing id want to be ok would be their future first and an early 2nd 2020 and AMT, even then i think its not enough because he is contracted and can walk back in if need be.

Pretty incredible, with everything that’s going wrong down there. Haven’t won a final in 16 years, won one in their last ten games this season with some truly horrific performances, their own players wanting out here there and everywhere, their departing coach questioning their professionalism and sense of entitlement and already rumours of falling out between players and the new coach. Would’ve thought it’d be one of the last places you’d choose to go but here we are with a gun mid about to enter his prime deciding its a good option.

He’s done a pretty terrible job over his 10 years in the role but Dodoro must have the gift of the gab.

I remember Lindsay Gilbee wanting to be traded to Richmond, circa 2005, Probably had his 'mate' Nathan Brown in his ear...
IIRC, Rocket persuaded him to stay.

A couple of years later, Gilbs turned up on a footy show, maybe Before/After the Game.

"Yeah, I thought about asking for a trade. I'm SOOO glad it didn't happen", he said, total relief all over his face.

Just wondering if this might also be Dunks if he stays.

Who in their right mind would want to go to the Injectors?
Outside of the money, this is a loony decision. Money is not everything.

Anyway, his turn for the bigger money is coming if he remains at the club.
Would probably be the next VC, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Lindsay Gilbee wanting to be traded to Richmond, circa 2005, Probably had his 'mate' Nathan Brown in his ear...

A couple of years later, Gilbs turned up on a footy show, maybe Before/After the Game.

"Yeah, I thought about asking for a trade. I'm SOOO glad it didn't happen", he said, total relief all over his face.

Money is everything to his dad sadly.

Brown even says himself he regrets leaving. Grass isn't always greener Dunks.

Yes, dad's fingerprints are all over this idea

To be fair Dunkley is in a very tough spot. Not only is he gaining a bigger contract and will be playing the role he's suited to he's also helping his brother out.

I'd probably try to leave in the same scenario.

Dunkley will probably give A.A a nudge at Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back