Contracted Josh Dunkley [OOC 2022, requested a trade to Essendon, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogsman16

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is twice the player Merrett is. If this is what Merrett commands, so should Dunkley at the very least.
I have no idea what Merrett would get.

All i know is that Essendon rejected pick 3 (2020) and pick 9 (2019) for Daniher. And due to Dunkley's age, contract status and durability then in my opinion he should be worth just as much.

When Dodoro overrates his players as much as he does, pretty simple to use his precedent against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mikevk123

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Hypothetical Trade

Western Bulldogs Receive: Zach Merrett, Michael Hurley and Pick 41.

Essendon Receive: Josh Dunkley and Josh Schache.

Dogsman16

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hypothetical Trade

Provided all those players were agreeable its not the worst I've seen.

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hypothetical Trade

I think that's the type of trade both clubs supporters would be disappointed in which shows it's probably close to the mark.

Schache would be a good pick up for you guys. He's soft but incredibly skilled for a big man, and always kicks a goal or two. He's behind Naughton, Bruce and probably Ugle-Hagan for us now so he'd be available.

Bad Seed

Senior List
Jan 29, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Hypothetical Trade

Lol - mate Josh Schache would be lucky to get a run in a pub team and you want to trade two all australians. Common man

TheKITC

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Hypothetical Trade

I can't believe it, but that's actually not too bad...

Assuming the participants are willing, solves some problems for both clubs on multiple levels. Why can't you join us in the Saad thread (AKA loony bin)?

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
The Swans would have been kicking themselves not taking Dunks as a father son in 2015 (pick 28).
He would be the heir apparent to Joey Kennedy in the midfield.
He didn't want to come to Sydney. Wanted to stay in Victoria and his dad has been bitter with the club for years because we didn't give him a job. Pretty sure we had an agreement with him that we'd only take him if a non-Victorian side tried to draft him.

doggy_dog

Senior List
Aug 25, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
‘Market rate’ is probably 1st + 2nd or 2x1st with something coming back. Plenty of precedent exists with Treloar, Shiel, Neale, Prestia etc. But that’s if he were out of contract and/or we were willing move him for cap room or some other reason.

Given his age, ability, standing within the club, contract status, and the current position of our list I would be astounded (and incredibly disappointed) if we allowed him to leave for draft picks

EssendonPride

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2004
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Would love Dunkley, but just can't see a deal getting done (if he'd actually want to come across). Media is just after clicks, they know very little (Just look at the "confirmed" contract numbers they throw around).

Excluding Merrett, I can't see the Dogs wanting any of our players (McGrath/Draper/Ridley wouldn't be traded). Definitely don't want to lose Merrett.
Picks don't do a hell of alot for the Dogs, I guess you could always ontrade them though.

Remove this Banner Ad