Recommitted Josh Dunkley [OOC 2022, requested a trade to Essendon, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is some criticism of Dodoro, but the defence of his trading this year and last is strident, and it's not one or two isolated examples.

Again, refer previous comments about Dodoro not valuing his own deal as enough.
There is pleeenty of criticism for Dodoro regarding Daniher. Many believed we should have traded Daniher last year instead of holding onto him. Plenty of criticism for the Shiel trade. Most Essendon fans also believed he unnecessarily made the Fantasia trade complicated.

I don’t have any problems with his conduct regarding the Dunkley trade though except for the length it took to come up with his offer. The final offer of pick 8 and a future second is more than enough. The 3-way trade for Treloar and Dunkley was also enough. Bulldogs just weren’t interested which is fair enough.

You’re misinterpreting Dodoro’s statement. Saying he wouldn’t do the deal if he was Bulldogs doesn’t mean he believes that’s what Dunkley is worth. It means he understands why Bulldogs didn’t trade Dunkley and would do the same for a player like him. A classic case of a player being worth more to a club than the open market considering Dunkley only has 3 quarters of one season last year to even justify a first rounder. There’s a reason why we targeted Dunkley over an Oliver type because he should realistically be cheaper than Oliver. Someone that’s pushed out of the midfield loses value.

Don’t think Dodoro or anyone expected the price to be 2 top 10 picks, which is what a contracted Oliver costs. We offered as high as we could and moved on from it. No issues there. All of Essendon, Bulldogs and Dunkley parted in an amicable way.

Because watching dodo make a tit of himself year after year is brilliant

If dodo making a tit of himself is making other clubs do fair trades then * me. Tit away dodo

Deal does not have to be fair, player contracted for 2 years, dogs dont want to sell, , it's a sellers market, unless dogs get significant overs, they dont have to sell

You know what.. this is a really interesting point, and has definitely not been raised approximately 4,000 times over the past 138 pages. Lucky you chimed in!

Uh if you want him, yes you do lol
We want him for a reasonable price. If we feel we have to pay too much to get him, to the point it would be a reckless trade, then there's nothing wrong with walking away. A shame for Dunkley, who is desperate to be a Bomber, but we'll be fine with three top 10 picks.

Uh if you want him, yes you do lol

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Most of us would be pretty happy to walk away if the price is going to be stupid.

Might work out for both clubs in the end

Dodoro yet to remove his jackets, I wonder if Sam Power is ready for the flex..?

If Essendon give up two top 10 picks that's a disaster for their rebuild. They have such a good starting point with 6, 7 & 8.
Sort of agree. I reckon 7 and 8 is better than giving up a future first and say pick 15 if they were go split. Future first could be top 3 in a super draft, although that's probably the point where everyone walks away happy.

Any of 6 7 8 and their future first is a massive win for the dogs

Got mentioned on TR that at one point a deal was close but fell apart as the Bulldogs thought they'd be getting Port's future second (via Fantasia) who decided to trade it for Aliir.

Sort of agree. I reckon 7 and 8 is better than giving up a future first and say pick 15 if they were go split. Future first could be top 3 in a super draft, although that's probably the point where everyone walks away happy.

Any of 6 7 8 and their future first is a massive win for the dogs

If we pay 2 x top 10s the dogs have pantsd us

At least one of them will be from this year's draft which most seem to agree is a crapshoot. If they both do, that would be a great deal.

For them it would be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be willing to bet not a single person in the media has accurately reported what the offers have been.

Dodoro would be ******* cooked to have offered Pick 8 as a "take it or leave it"

And no way are we asking two top 10 picks without knowing we'd be sending something back in that event
they gotta do something for a crust.
may as well make **** up.
90m left

If Essendon give up two top 10 picks that's a disaster for their rebuild. They have such a good starting point with 6, 7 & 8.
Josh Dunkley is/will be better than any of pick 6,7,8 from this draft.

Getting someone of Dunkley's caliber is pretty much a best case scenario for draft picks.

Getting someone of Dunkley's caliber is pretty much a best case scenario for draft picks.
Please re-read and comprehend my post, then come back to me.

At the very least, the guarantee of his caliber makes him worth the price of entry.

Please re-read and comprehend my post, then come back to me.
few pages back someone did some analysis on picks 6, 7 & 8 over the past 10 or so years.
It wasn't pretty reading.

the chance of 2 of those players vs. 1 of Dunkley....i know which i prefer.
one in the hand, two in the bush and all that.

few pages back someone did some analysis on picks 6, 7 & 8 over the past 10 or so years.

Absolutely.

Draft picks even now are still severely overrated.

I'd give it about a 20% chance that either of pick 7 or pick 8 this year will reach Dunkley's calibre.

It's not just the player though but the age bracket and salary. Dunkley was pick 20 odd a few years ago. 6, 7 & 8 could also be a Franklin, Roughead Lewis draft.

Thing is, there's just no reason fro doggies to trade.

Daniher situation doesn't apply. Even if Dunkley requests a trade next year, he'd still be a contracted player, the same conversation continues and he barely declines in value.

If we pay 2 x top 10s the dogs have pantsd us
I like the analogy someone wrote earlier;
E "nice car"
WB "thanks"
E "wanna sell it"
WB "no"
E "heres a packet of chips and a six pack"
WB "no"
E "heres a packet of chips and a six pack'
WB "no, make it 2 six packs"
E "youre being unreasonable, a packet of chips and a six pack it is"
WB "OK, I'll keep the car then"
E "Awwwwwwwww"

If E want him they have to pay for him. The unwilling seller wants 2 six packs for the car hes perfectly happy to keep. Pay overs or walk away. Dodo is wasting everyones time with his silly games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back