Recommitted Josh Dunkley [OOC 2022, requested a trade to Essendon, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is some criticism of Dodoro, but the defence of his trading this year and last is strident, and it's not one or two isolated examples.

Again, refer previous comments about Dodoro not valuing his own deal as enough.
There is pleeenty of criticism for Dodoro regarding Daniher. Many believed we should have traded Daniher last year instead of holding onto him. Plenty of criticism for the Shiel trade. Most Essendon fans also believed he unnecessarily made the Fantasia trade complicated.

I don’t have any problems with his conduct regarding the Dunkley trade though except for the length it took to come up with his offer. The final offer of pick 8 and a future second is more than enough. The 3-way trade for Treloar and Dunkley was also enough. Bulldogs just weren’t interested which is fair enough.

You’re misinterpreting Dodoro’s statement. Saying he wouldn’t do the deal if he was Bulldogs doesn’t mean he believes that’s what Dunkley is worth. It means he understands why Bulldogs didn’t trade Dunkley and would do the same for a player like him. A classic case of a player being worth more to a club than the open market considering Dunkley only has 3 quarters of one season last year to even justify a first rounder. There’s a reason why we targeted Dunkley over an Oliver type because he should realistically be cheaper than Oliver. Someone that’s pushed out of the midfield loses value.

Don’t think Dodoro or anyone expected the price to be 2 top 10 picks, which is what a contracted Oliver costs. We offered as high as we could and moved on from it. No issues there. All of Essendon, Bulldogs and Dunkley parted in an amicable way.

I like the analogy someone wrote earlier;
E "nice car"
WB "thanks"
E "wanna sell it"
WB "no"
E "heres a packet of chips and a six pack"
WB "no"
E "heres a packet of chips and a six pack'
WB "no, make it 2 six packs"
E "youre being unreasonable, a packet of chips and a six pack it is"
WB "OK, I'll keep the car then"
E "Awwwwwwwww"

If E want him they have to pay for him. The unwilling seller wants 2 six packs for the car hes perfectly happy to keep. Pay overs or walk away. Dodo is wasting everyones time with his silly games.

Do cars often tell their owners they no longer want to be owned by them?

Ask Joe Daniher

Obviously we know this better than anyone, keeping players that don’t want to be there.

Maybe the dogs want to try it and see how they go.

Obviously we know this better than anyone, keeping players that don’t want to be there.

Maybe the dogs want to try it and see how they go.
Or it could be like Papley where he decides he does enjoy it there.

Essendon are the ones who approached Dunkley and lured him with a massive contract. If they don’t get him because they are being stingy with their draft picks, then that is a massive failure

If E want him they have to pay for him. The unwilling seller wants 2 six packs for the car hes perfectly happy to keep. Pay overs or walk away. Dodo is wasting everyones time with his silly games.

Yes, Dodoro is wasting everyone’s time with his silly games by posts from randoms on Big footy 🤪

I feel confident we won't do it if it's only pick 8. Dunks has made not a single negative comment about the club and his manager has outright stated he's happy to stay.

We'd easily get pick 8'ish any year if we trade him. Nothing to be worried about missing out on.

Wouldn't be surprised if some complex negotiations are going on right now that involves our first going out and plenty of points for Marra coming in. Only way I can see both clubs being happy

I can see Ameet Bains is trying to get back for the Carlisle deal.
Saints won the Carlisle deal by the length of the Flemington straight.
Dodo just living up to his reputation.
The problem is that he will cost players being able to get to where they want to by holding up multiple deals.
Any chance the bloke can get a deal done early in trade week? Ever?

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could also be Tambling and other players that need patient like Paddy dow or don't make it . .
Dow will be a gun. Essendon have time...

Saints won the Carlisle deal by the length of the Flemington straight.
Dodo just living up to his reputation.
The problem is that he will cost players being able to get to where they want to by holding up multiple deals.
Any chance the bloke can get a deal done early in trade week? Ever?

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Dodo really went on the saints. Calling out Hawthorn as a "professional" team and much easier to deal with. Also, he passed on Carlisle hotel room details to Clarko, so he can try to convince him. 5 minutes after the Carlisle trade, the coke video came out with everyone at Essendon doing Sgt. Schultz, despite voicemails being left on their phones by reporters.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of angst from Bains' side.

If Essendon give up two top 10 picks that's a disaster for their rebuild. They have such a good starting point with 6, 7 & 8.

Except this 2020 draft is nothing like the 2018 draft.

This draft is likely a crapshoot due to COVID AND some junior talent may well wait until 2021 draft making that a far better draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the analogy someone wrote earlier;
E "nice car"
WB "thanks"
E "wanna sell it"
WB "no"
E "heres a packet of chips and a six pack"
WB "no"
E "heres a packet of chips and a six pack'
WB "no, make it 2 six packs"
E "youre being unreasonable, a packet of chips and a six pack it is"
WB "OK, I'll keep the car then"
E "Awwwwwwwww"

Nailed it.

Essendon just knocked back a four way deal that would have got them Hinds and Caldwell.
Running out of time, tick tock.

Pick 8 and Fantasia for Caldwell, Hind and a 2nd rounder lmao no thank you
Seems pretty fair. Caldwell is quick, a pick 11 from two years ago and you have multiple picks this year to use. The time to get a deal done is this year.

This obsession with "winning" every deal isn't working.

Essendon just knocked back a four way deal that would have got them Hinds and Caldwell.
Running out of time, tick tock.

not phased. It was a bad deal, you don’t make a deal for the sake of making a deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back