Recommitted Josh Dunkley [re-signed through 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

He may be a tad limited in what he can do, but boy can he do some things well. He's a workhorse.

Dogs do have too much of the same, though, so you wonder which one gets squeezed out. Someone should, and it may benefit the Dogs to get some different players in there. If it were Dunkley he'd have a ton of currency to get some quality back.

He may be a tad limited in what he can do, but boy can he do some things well. He's a workhorse.

Dogs do have too much of the same, though, so you wonder which one gets squeezed out. Someone should, and it may benefit the Dogs to get some different players in there. If it were Dunkley he'd have a ton of currency to get some quality back.

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him for the right deal.

His rise has brought about far less midfield time for Libba and McLean so they need to be pushed back in the middle. Bailey Smith also should be a high quality mid. Bont spends too much time in the forward line too.

Our biggest strength (our midfield) is also our biggest weakness. Teams know if they half the midfield battle they are 80% the way to victory.

If trading Dunkley helped us land an A grade key forward I’d pull the trigger.

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him for the right deal.

His rise has brought about far less midfield time for Libba and McLean so they need to be pushed back in the middle. Bailey Smith also should be a high quality mid. Bont spends too much time in the forward line too.

Our biggest strength (our midfield) is also our biggest weakness. Teams know if they half the midfield battle they are 80% the way to victory.

If trading Dunkley helped us land an A grade key forward I’d pull the trigger.

Even though he is probably our best contested player on form with age on his side? Don't need to trade Dunks for a top end forward when you have first round picks to use and can trade out fringe players for 2nd's to make up for lost picks. Great teams have this thing called good depth, to many of one kind isn't a bad thing, the modern game see's just about all players but 3-4 moving all over the ground come game day. Dunkley is better than Wallis, Libba, McLean (against trading McLean cause he is a smart player, not being used right) at this stage. You don't get rid of your best out of desperation for a forward that more than likely wont even star for us. A grade forwards never leave their teams, Buddy did it for a crazy contract. Hall went to us who was old and the Swans had enough of him. You've posted it heaps, seem so keen to move Dunkley on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough
Another 33 and a goal by dunks

Libba Good again too though

Macrae down a bit after being shunted out of the centre square though. We're struggling with the balance between Libba, Dunkley, Bont, Macrae, Wallis, Bailey Smith, and Toby Maclean. Wallis is the only one who can genuinely play a 2nd position.

If Dunkley wanted to go to Richmond I wouldn’t be asking for their first. I’d be asking about their small forwards and Balta.

If Dunkley wanted to go to Richmond I wouldn’t be asking for their first. I’d be asking about their small forwards and Balta.
Id imagine Balta will be off limits. He just re-signed as well and i think there is a rule about trading recently re-signed players.
Id be happy to give up Bolton, Castagna, Butler or Baker for him with our 1st. Doubt the Dogs would accept that though haha

Id imagine Balta will be off limits. He just re-signed as well and i think there is a rule about trading recently re-signed players.
Id be happy to give up Bolton, Castagna, Butler or Baker for him with our 1st. Doubt the Dogs would accept that though haha
Honestly, I think that's approaching the ballpark of his value. Every week his stocks are rising given how well he's playing, but if we're talking something like Pick 12-14 plus a talented small, we're getting pretty close. By the end of the year, at this rate he'll be worth closer to a top 5 pick, but as it stands right now if Richmond were to upgrade our 3rd for their 2nd it would probably get the above deal done. Dogs are screaming for decent small forwards, so Bolton/Butler would have to be enticing

Honestly, I think that's approaching the ballpark of his value. Every week his stocks are rising given how well he's playing, but if we're talking something like Pick 12-14 plus a talented small, we're getting pretty close. By the end of the year, at this rate he'll be worth closer to a top 5 pick, but as it stands right now if Richmond were to upgrade our 3rd for their 2nd it would probably get the above deal done. Dogs are screaming for decent small forwards, so Bolton/Butler would have to be enticing
Yeah pretty much agree with that. Bolton, Butler or Baker are enticing for us. FFS, Lloyd is already our second best forward which is saying something. But I’d definitely still be asking about Balta. Especially with the cap room we have. As they say in the classics, make them an offer they can’t refuse.

Yeah pretty much agree with that. Bolton, Butler or Baker are enticing for us. FFS, Lloyd is already our second best forward which is saying something. But I’d definitely still be asking about Balta. Especially with the cap room we have. As they say in the classics, make them an offer they can’t refuse.

There would be absolutely no chance that Richmond would be giving up Noah Balta

Butler +1st rounder would absolutely get the deal over the line

Dunkley in a straight swap with Issac Smith, both clubs get a required need.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If by required need you mean Dogs getting absolutely shafted, then yeah, sounds great.

Dunkley has been in better form this year just for a start, not to mention we're talking a 22 year-old for a 30 year-old.

On the open market, Smith would be lucky to get a late 2nd given his age and the fact he's slowed down this year thanks to injury. Dunkley would easily fetch a 1st rounder, and his recent form is pushing that price into a top 10 pick

Dunkley is not going anywhere his best mate is the Bont.

This is weeks away from being completed Sam Power said they were close and they are super confident it would completed the other week at a function...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back