Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Thomasno

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Depends surely on what else was involved? I mean, if a straight swap was offered for one, you’d bite the hand off.

For Lohmann maybe, but that’s obviously not going to happen- it would be Lohmann and a future first for Dunkley. Wilmot would be off the table, doubly so after his performance in finals this year - he’s probably best 22 next year.

All of that is irrelevant anyway though, both want to stay - and we’re not going to trade players against their will after it nearly tore the club apart 10 years ago.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For Lohmann maybe, but that’s obviously not going to happen- it would be Lohmann and a future first for Dunkley. Wilmot would be off the table, doubly so after his performance in finals this year - he’s probably best 22 next year.

All of that is irrelevant anyway though, both want to stay - and we’re not going to trade players against their will after it nearly tore the club apart 10 years ago.
Lohmann and F1 gets it done

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I always thought Dunkley would be a round 1 + a pick around 25
And i appreciate the Dogs want more
However he has asked to leave twice now and is out of contract

Lions can offer F1 + 21 or 25
That is equalivent to pick 5 or pick 6 with about 100 points left over
The earlier the Dogs move the more likely they can improve on their present picks of 11, 30, 39 & 69

However it looks like a suitable deal has a bit to go
I fully expect the Lions will only hold onto one of 21 or 25
As soon as another club can do a pick swap that gives us more points on either of those picks the Lions will take it

The other question is would the Dogs prefer a 1st round this year or one next year
If the Dogs are happy with next year's first, then plenty of time to sort something out
If the Dogs prefer this year then it is a bit more urgent as they will then have to find a club that is happy to swap F1 back to this year
I assume that can be done

Kickit2brown

All Australian
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You're kidding surely, I rate them both but come on

They will both be worth more in a few years time. Never sell low.

Bahahahaha oh come on, any coach in their right mind would take Dunkley over either.

Regardless of value right now, we won't be trading either of our most promising kids from last years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If the Dogs are happy with next year's first, then plenty of time to sort something out
If the Dogs prefer this year then it is a bit more urgent as they will then have to find a club that is happy to swap F1 back to this year
Trading of picks extends past trade week. Can trade all the way through to November 15

_Cerberus_

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon this is the one that doesn't get done, dogs seem to massively over price his trade value.
How exactly? Taranto was out of contract, just like Dunkley. Neither are free agents either. Dunkley is a much better player, ranks elite and in the top 5-10 in the league in some categories. Has an offensive and defensive side to his game, can play midfield and forward, likes the contested stuff and tackles. Lions apparently offering a decent contract money wise, but not willing to let the picks match the value they see him as contract wise.

The Dogs were only asking for 15 and Future 15-18. That is on par with Taranto at his 12 and 19 deal. The Dogs could have had every right to ask for a little more given he is a better player, but didn't.

Lions original "apparent" gun to the face offer, was equivalent to almost just pick 45 for Dunkley. Any club would bulk at that offer

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have no sympathy at all for Dunkley or The Lions if he is forced to go into the PSD.

If Brisbane are not prepared to pony up and improve their current insulting off, bad luck, they won't get him

Great to see a club play hardball, stick to their guns. Go Bevo and Power !

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have no sympathy at all for Dunkley or The Lions if he is forced to go into the PSD.

If Brisbane are not prepared to pony up and improve their current insulting off, bad luck, they won't get him

Okey dokey. Because your club was so fair to the Suns with the Jack Martin trade. Pot, Kettle.

TheWeapon

Club Legend
May 20, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Second year running he has asked for a trade, doesn't happy at the dogs
What are the dogs expecting his value to be? He is out of contract
I think he's quality but not a game breaker like a Dusty / Dangerfield
My trade from essendon side would be
  • pick 4 to sydney for 14 and 17 (almost equivalent points)
  • 17 + F2 2023 (this will be approx 20 imo) for Dunkley

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Second year running he has asked for a trade, doesn't happy at the dogs
What are the dogs expecting his value to be? He is out of contract
I think he's quality but not a game breaker like a Dusty / Dangerfield
My trade from essendon side would be
  • pick 4 to sydney for 14 and 17 (almost equivalent points)
  • 14 + F2 2023 (this will be approx 20 imo) for Dunkley

We've set his value pretty clearly as two first rounders.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Jack Martin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back