Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

Dogs and Lions fans will come together in grief next September when Josh Schache wins a flag.

Dogs and Lions fans will come together in grief next September when Josh Schache wins a flag.
I disagree. Not sure either fanbase would care seeing Schache lift up the VFL Premiership.

Very predictable result in the end. We always knew Brisbane would honour the Taranto precedent. The preseason draft bluff obviously worked. And we even got the coveted Geelong future fourth as a bonus? Haha delicious

I think that if the Lions held firm we would have eventually accepted pick 21 on its own. We had ZERO leverage. We weren't ever going to let him walk for nothing.

I disagree. Not sure either fanbase would care seeing Schache lift up the VFL Premiership.

Casey back to back on the cards.

Very predictable result in the end. We always knew Brisbane would honour the Taranto precedent. The preseason draft bluff obviously worked. And we even got the coveted Geelong future fourth as a bonus? Haha delicious

Tough talk to cover up the fact you gave up the even more coveted Dees future third!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insane how much quality the Lions are bringing in.

The scary thing is that we are still well placed to be players in next year’s draft too. We will have a second and two thirds. We are going to be very good buddies with the Suns who will need picks for academy prospects.

Plus we need to trade our 2024 first rounder so it doesn’t get wiped out by matching a bid for Levi Ashcroft.

The scary thing is that we are still well placed to be players in next year’s draft too. We will have a second and two thirds, plus we need to trade our 2024 first rounder so it doesn’t get wiped out by matching a bid for Levi Ashcroft.

Been checking out that Gold Coast first in 2023.
Stay in single digits our little brother, we are coming for a swap of first rounders !

The scary thing is that we are still well placed to be players in next year’s draft too. We will have a second and two thirds. We are going to be very good buddies with the Suns who will need picks for academy prospects.

Plus we need to trade our 2024 first rounder so it doesn’t get wiped out by matching a bid for Levi Ashcroft.

Good time to go get a couple of speculative talls too, which Dom has said is next on his to do list. Couple of talks in the 40s maybe?

images

A second and three 3rd round picks actually!

I think the Dogs did well on the last day to get the F2 thrown in to the deal. But i think the Lions did well to turn Pick 15 into 21, knowing if they kept 15 we probably would have ended up getting it in the end. So they got more value out of the end result. Overall, it's probably a reasonable result if you start the clock from after they made the pick 15 trade.

But I'm not starting the clock from then, so I must admit i do feel a little salty about this. Dunkley is worth a sh!tload more to both the Dogs and Brisbane than what they paid for him. If we had just done the deal for 15 and F1 and left it at that, it would still have been a steal for Brisbane. And this deal in my view is worse than that. I don't like that we rewarded the Lions for being greedy. I know that's how it goes when a player is out of contract, and I'm not going to sook it up. But it does leave a sour taste in my mouth. The fact we overpaid for Lobb doesn't help either.

You wanted Dunkley, 30, 39 and a future third for 15 and a future first.

I’m not sure how you think this deal is close to that
You saw what we did with pick 15 right?

You see what future picks we still have right?

We were always losing 15 and our future first. We started with 2 picks in the 30's. We now have 4. We still have a future second round pick. And you ended up giving us two future third round picks, to go with our own. And we still have a future fourth round pick.

We got everything we wanted. Points for Ashcroft :whitecheck:. Dunkley :whitecheck:. Gunston :whitecheck:. Improved our future picks to cover a deficit on Fletcher :whitecheck:.

We're not a team that's short on goal kickers so he can just pass it off to someone else up forward, we want him in the middle. ;)

No, you want him on the inside handball or crash kick out. Kicking isn’t great on a pass either.

No, you want him on the inside handball or crash kick out. Kicking isn’t great on a pass either.
He is an excellent mark for a midfielder. He'll still have to rotate through that high HF role given Brisbane's midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back