Josh Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling very sorry for him as he was having a fantastic season. Reality is there's a chance he's played his last game for us.

Time for Lipinski to step up big time and for little Westy to bring the pressure.

I made it 1 H&A (see my post), what have I missed?
It depends on whether you count the 16th weekend as when he is available or the last weekend he is unavailable. Think you chose the latter and I chose the former.

EDIT: I had the pre-finals bye in the wrong weekend in my head, have discovered it is a week earlier than I thought. Agree with your version R23 plus pre-finals bye if he misses 16 weeks.

Last edited:
If he misses 16 weeks, he has two H&A rounds available and the pre-finals bye.
Listed as 12-16 weeks.
He's done the other one before so knows what to expect, is a diligent trainer... I'm expecting Dunkley to get VFL/AFL games under his belt and be fit for finals.

Why do so many folks think it’s highly likely Josh will be moving on? Seems pretty happy back in the fold. His best mate is at the club. The group seems in far better shape outside of the hub. I personally think he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Because they’ll still likely be offering to double his money.

Dunkley has been immense this season and will be a big loss. However, the silver lining is that this is a massive opportunity for Smith, Lipinski and West to get game time on the inside of the contest where they do their best work. This can only improve us going forward.

Pretty sure he was back in 12 for the last shoulder?
The last shoulder was a round 7 injury, in a year that only had one bye round.
This time he has done it a week earlier in a season that stretches on week longer. Sucks to lose him but there is cause for optimism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAVENT done the maths, but I’m guessing Toby will be back from his ACL a few weeks prior to Dunkley. Hopefully will give us another good option in the middle.

Other one is Bailey Williams. He is just as big as Dunkley and a better kick. Look out for he to play in the middle.

In 2017, when I am assuming he did his last shoulder, he played in Round 7 (6/5) and came back in Round 21 (11/8).

It depends on whether you count the 16th weekend as when he is available or the last weekend he is unavailable. Think you chose the latter and I chose the former.

EDIT: I had the pre-finals bye in the wrong weekend in my head, have discovered it is a week earlier than I thought. Agree with your version R23 plus pre-finals bye if he misses 16 weeks.

I think that would be enough for him to be a meaningful participant in the finals (assuming here we don't have a massive form reversal for the rest of the season) - he's a mature player now and seems very professional.

Obviously, none of us want to see him rushed back too early. So if it can't be this season, so be it.

Massive loss. We have cover in midfield depth, but he’s an A grader and only Libba is capable of providing a similar level of defensive cover.

We know he’ll be diligent with his rehab so I think there’s every chance he’ll be back in 3 months rather than 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back