News Josh Gibson in celebrity jungle

Those training sessions are to learn different skills and exchange ideas so have mutual benefit for both teams. Not sure that our players would learn anything of value from a tennis player. Even if he was to pay for the privilege I wouldn't be wild about the idea. I would rather all our developing players to be getting all the attention they can from our coaching and training staff - not a petulant tennis player.
Our players would learn two of life's most valuable lessons (IMO):

1. How to be leaders; &,

2. How to be teachers.

Hodge, Lewie, Mitch, Roughy et al. wouldn't be half the players/people they are today if they just focused on their own training/game & let talented fu**wits fall by the wayside.

burger09

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Our players would learn two of life's most valuable lessons (IMO):

1. How to be leaders; &,

2. How to be teachers.

Hodge, Lewie, Mitch, Roughy et al. wouldn't be half the players/people they are today if they just focused on their own training/game & let talented fu**wits fall by the wayside.

Mitch Thorp says hi.

So does Dayle Garlett.

Some people/players are just incapable of self improvement despite the best efforts of others.

Mitch Thorp says hi.

So does Dayle Garlett.

Some people/players are just incapable of self improvement despite the best efforts of others.
Sweet burn man...

You're quick to assume that our leaders & teachers learned nothing from the lack of footballing success of those 2x players. I'd hazard that a leader would develop their skills more in 1x season with a Dayle Garlett / Mitch Thorp than they would in 5x years leading a guy like Tom Mitchell or Ben McEvoy.

I agree - some players are beyond what a footy club can deliver - but it is crazy to say that people at the footy club wouldn't grow from the experience.

I'd hazard that a leader would develop their skills more in 1x season with a Dayle Garlett / Mitch Thorp than they would in 5x years leading a guy like Tom Mitchell or Ben McEvoy.

I genuinely doubt that.

How the hell did we get to discussing the merits of a tennis player coming to Hawthorn.

WTF.

This thread has gone batshit crazy.

Gibbo looks much bigger now than he did in his playing days. Must have spent a lot of time in the gym knowing he would be 24/7 in front of the cameras without a shirt on.
that blondie cant keep her eyes off him...but then again neither can my wife and daughter...

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was always for Tomic to stay 2 days. Wonder if Gibbo knew that when he said he was going to coach him while in the jungle.

Back