Delisted Josh Green (2010-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Reviews: Part Two

One third of the ‘Mozzie Squad’, Josh Green was another Lion to spend a stint on the sidelines this season as a result of injury. The 23-year-old played 16 games in 2015, missing six matches between Round 15 and Round 20 due to a stress fracture in his foot. Regardless, the damaging forward recovered to be the Lions’ leading goal kicker for the second consecutive season, with a tally of 25. In Round 23, Green’s best game of the season, he kicked four goals, had 16 disposals and laid five tackles in the Lions’ surprise win over the Bulldogs.

Saw the lions Instagram post and greeny is already starting pre-season training along with Bewick, Harwood, Taylor and Mayes. Always under the impression green was one of the lazier trainers in the team. If he's decided to put his foot down this year he could be anything.

Saw the lions Instagram post and greeny is already starting pre-season training along with Bewick, Harwood, Taylor and Mayes. Always under the impression green was one of the lazier trainers in the team. If he's decided to put his foot down this year he could be anything.

50 goals is not beyond him :thumbsu:

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-01-13/injury-update-green
Josh Green Foot Fracture

The Brisbane Lions have been dealt a blow, with small forward Josh Green to miss 10 weeks with a fractured foot.

Green will speak to surgeons later this week and is expected to be fit for round one, although would likely need some match fitness to be considered for senior selection.

The 23-year-old was sporting a moonboot at the Club's pre-season training camp at the Sunshine Coast on Wednesday, with the Club initially thinking he had bone bruising.

However, after further scans, Lions Football Manager Matt Francis confirmed to AFL.com.au the 23-year-old had fractured his right foot.

It's the same foot that cost Green six matches last season with a stress fracture.

The diminutive Tasmanian is an integral part of the Lions’ forward set-up, being the club's leading goalkicker the past two seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is round 2, purely basing that on the fact that round 1 is in Perth.
Will play round 1 unless it's sore. If that's the case it's round 2. He said there's no rush to get him back so they will be cautious but it's all going really well so he's confident for round 1.

Someone told me he knows a family member of Green and he can't stand Leppa and wants out. When I get mail from This guy its either dead accurate or couldn't be more inaccurate and never in between. Anyone heard anything?

Last edited:
Someone told me he knows a family member of Green and he can't stand Leppa and wants out. When I get mail from This guy its either dead accurate or couldn't be more inaccurate and never in between. Anyone heard anything?
I know there were rumours last year about him not being entirely happy, don't know if they were true though or not. Hopefully he is happy though

Josh Green commits to Brisbane Lions and wants new deal before Round 1

JOSH Green has committed to the Lions and wants a new deal locked away before Round 1.

It is a major boost for the Lions given the livewire forward’s future at the Gabba was uncertain late last year.

As word spread around the competition of unrest among some senior players, the Lions received a call from Essendon inquiring about Green’s availability.

The 23-year-old Tasmanian did not ask Brisbane to explore a trade but nor was he entirely happy.

Now he says Brisbane feels like a new club.

Like many players he is thrilled with the arrival of welfare duo Craig and Melissa Lambert and he says his working relationship with coach Justin Leppitsch has improved.

He wants the Lions and his manager to waste no time getting a new deal sorted out.

“I am really keen. I have been here six years and I don’t want to jump off the ship,’’ he said.

“I can’t see why it would (drag out). I am a bit of a no-fuss sort of guy and I’m keen to get it done before the start of the season so there’s no distractions.

“The club has changed a bit with personnel. The new talent makes it really exciting and it feels like we are revitalised as a group.

“The Lamberts have come in and done a great job and even credit to Leppa, everyone is working on the areas they need to work on.’’

Green was believed to be angered by quips from Leppitsch about his weight last season.

But he says he never fell out of love with the Lions.

“I had a few things going not right last year, probably my own problems with my weight and stuff and I’ve worked on that,’’ he said.

“And I have a really good group of mates here.’’

Green has led Brisbane’s goalkicking for the past two years but is sometimes maligned for not being an elite runner and his defensive efforts have earned public criticism from Leppitsch in the past.

However, Lions CEO Greg Swann is one of his biggest supporters.

“The club has been great in the way they encourage me and make me feel like I am a valued member of the side,’’ he said.

“To come to me with a contract is a sign of their faith in me and I am pretty keen to repay it.’’

Green has started to step up his running after missing a month with a broken foot and has his sights set on a shock return for Round 1.

“I don’t think I will get a NAB game in at all, but I think two or three weeks of full training and I will be right to play,’’ he said.
Felt this story was worth quoting in full.

Yes I am thinking this same. In true AFL fashion I will send hin a please explain

To be fair to your friend, the rumblings about Green being "disgruntled" late last year had some substance to them.

Things are definitely turning around.

Great news, best pure small forward we have and one of the best in the comp. Hopefully we can get Mayes on board soon and we can have a year with no distractions and enjoy the footy for once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back