ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Arguably our most consistent forward this season. Who would've thunk it?

I'm mainly starting this thread as a change of pace from all the other negative player threads lately.

He's kicking goals, applying defensive pressure (hallelujah!) And even heading into the back line to help out a fair bit. The guy's work rate has gone through the roof.

I'm mainly starting this thread as a change of pace from all the other negative player threads lately.

He's kicking goals, applying defensive pressure (hallelujah!) And even heading into the back line to help out a fair bit. The guy's work rate has gone through the roof.
i thought this was another thread to b**ch bout our players.

He may not be kicking as many goals as last year (which is a guess) but he is certainly applying effort and pressure. He has been playing well given how average our midfield/team has been at times and very consistent.

I was belittled for saying Hill was more important than Cripps

A few johnny come latelys to the Hilly bandwagon.

He has played good footy under Simpson by and large. I think he would have a decent few more goals too this year if our mids hadn't been quite so Kennedy centric.

You have made an excellent point here.
Kennedy is serially double tagged every game yet we continue to look for him in 95% of entries into the forward line.
Would like to see him take both opponents out of the corridor with blind leads and our mids / ball carriers look for Darling, Hill, Lycett/Nic and LeCras in the uncluttered space left by 3 less players.
Only Masten and LeCras should be kicking to Kennedy.

he is a bit of a scape goat at home games. heard a lot of people laughing at him when he kicked a goal in the last quarter against collingwood. people bobbing up and laughing saying 'he's done enough to secure his position for next week!' as a joke. feel he is hard done by with our supporters at times. he plays the role for us and thats all we can ask.

Last edited:
people are quick to overlook all the work he does off the ball. things that don't appear on the stat sheet.

Good on hilly. I critised him a lot and im happily eating that humble pie but my main argument against him was that he is a down hill skier. At the moment while side is doing ok its not too bad but i could be preoved correct if this season turns to sh*t or even in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never doubted him for a second and ranted on how he was best 22 most of the offseason.
Just keeps getting better.

Will look great playing along side Brandon next year.

Never doubted him for a second and ranted on how he was best 22 most of the offseason.
Just keeps getting better.

Will look great playing along side Brandon next year.
Brandon Matera is a sideways movement from Jamie Cripps. Better off keeping Cripps.

You have made an excellent point here.
Kennedy is serially double tagged every game yet we continue to look for him in 95% of entries into the forward line.
Would like to see him take both opponents out of the corridor with blind leads and our mids / ball carriers look for Darling, Hill, Lycett/Nic and LeCras in the uncluttered space left by 3 less players.
Only Masten and LeCras should be kicking to Kennedy.
That's a coaching issue though isn't it? At times a lot of dumb football is being played with players not looking for alternatives up forward. Mind you have noticed a lack of run from some of our players this year compared to last year - they look stagnant at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back