Traded Josh Jenkins [traded with future 3rd to Geelong for #37]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to imagine why the Crows would just give away a 50 goal a year tall forward.

He might be a gossipy prick and annoy Pyke, but that's not worth just giving away.

What’s he doing wrong on field to now be dropped twice? Is it a work rate issue?
Making Tex/Lynch/Betts look bad.

He's the best of the lot....

Just like Gibbs though... not fitting in off the field... not the first time in Adelaide this has happened.

As long as they pay is wage he will go for a third rounder

Yeah that seems like a good outcome for The Crows. I have been reading your board, you still have some very lengthy and stupid contracts on your books going up to 2021 ? Have to assume The Crows will be massive Free Agent players after then, but until then, you are hamstrung by what kind of player you can attract to your club. Getting rid of Jenkins is a step in the right direction..

Yeah that seems like a good outcome for The Crows. I have been reading your board, you still have some very lengthy and stupid contracts on your books going up to 2021 ? Have to assume The Crows will be massive Free Agent players after then, but until then, you are hamstrung by what kind of player you can attract to your club. Getting rid of Jenkins is a step in the right direction..

Maybe even a fourth he is 30

If it wasn't for the off field issues, he'd be the only one one of the 4 forwards I'd be keeping.

Showed a bit post dropping.

Would be a big f u to the boys club mentality too...

Does he have off field issues or is it that he’s just outspoken in the media?

I think he might be well suited for us pending on the trade cost.
Boys club, may have ratted to Caroline Wilson, not afraid to speak his mind too.

Cant blame him when his team mates aren't doing much and he was the one dropped...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda bound, according to Ricky Nixon.

Why?

Will turn 31 next year before the season starts.

Saints are keen to blood a guy called Max King next year. With Bruce and Membrey as the third tall and Battle in the wings the Saints are not in need of another key forward. Now talented mids is a different story.

The Position Vacant for a Tall at the Saints is a back up ruck in case Marshall gets injured. Would Jenkins be content to play in the seconds for most of the year rucking on a minimal wage?

Why?

Saints are keen to blood a guy called Max King next year. With Bruce and Membrey as the third tall and Battle in the wings the Saints are not in need of another key forward. Now talented mids is a different story.

The Position Vacant for a Tall at the Saints is a back up ruck in case Marshall gets injured. Would Jenkins be content to play in the seconds for most of the year rucking on a minimal wage?

He would come cheap re trade wise but he is coming with a salary of around $550K per year

Why?

Clearly he has the opinion that he shouldn't be playing anything other than his preferred position in the AFL team. Even at the suggestion of him playing at lower levels he has cracked the wobblies

Other than JJ, not sure there are too many 'very lengthy and stupid contracts'. Can you give some examples please?

You also need to consider the environment when these were put in place (2017 most of them)

Shouldn't cost much you'd think, and for the Dogs it creates another target so the sole focus isn't on Naughton all the time. He has the capacity to produce up to a 50-goal season for whichever club picks him up (or possibly plays 4 games and rots in the VFL). This is all depending on whether he comes cheap. If Crows wanted more than a late 4th rounder, and if Jenkins wanted more than $400k, then it's a big fat pass from me
He’s essentially the same player as Schache, you couldn’t play both
Pass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back