Traded Josh Jenkins [traded with future 3rd to Geelong for #37]

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd say win win then

Exactly, Jenkins is a really good player when he is on. You basically got him for $200k a year. Not much more than a rookie wage. Great move by the cats and whatever he did to the crows they were happy not to have such an expensiveguy planing SANFL.Win for both clubs here, he’ll probably kick 6 against us though

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I didn't picture him going to Geelong. They already have Hawkins there, and Ratugolea is building nicely into a high marking forward. They they also have guys like Dangerfield, Taylor and Rohan who can take a strong mark overhead. Just not sure if Jenkins will be overkill in that area and end up just getting in the way of others.

Chocoholic

Senior List
Nov 24, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Needs a kick up the arse every now and then but is good for a decent amount of goals a year. Fans heaped a lot of crap on him cos he wasn't a crash and bash player, but he's been pretty good for the crows considering what he cost and where we all expected him to be.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even if he is garbage, we delist in 2 years and all we lost was a bit of money and a pick downgrade.

No loss really and then Kreguer might be ready to play full time before then anyway.

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't picture him going to Geelong. They already have Hawkins there, and Ratugolea is building nicely into a high marking forward. They they also have guys like Dangerfield, Taylor and Rohan who can take a strong mark overhead. Just not sure if Jenkins will be overkill in that area and end up just getting in the way of others.
We went into a Prelim final with Henderson as our full forward. Even if it's just depth, it's a necessity. Needed someone like him a year earlier to be honest.

Wtf we got a 2nd for JJ

That's hilarious

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its the second last pick in R2 for an early R3 next year. Because we only have the list spots to take 3 picks max we were going to have to trade out 37 anyway so its an ok deal for us.

We went into a Prelim final with Henderson as our full forward. Even if it's just depth, it's a necessity. Needed someone like him a year earlier to be honest.

Yeah hes backup...everytime Hawkins is suspended we play Hendo fwd as we have no kpf depth. We effectively flicked our 4th ruck out for a position we need more depth in.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Because we are one short in terms of tall forwards. It's Hawkins or bust still - I think that if he had played against Richmond in the prelim, the game suddenly becomes a lineball prospect. Even if Jenkins only plays when one of them is hurt, it still works.

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Because we are one short in terms of tall forwards. It's Hawkins or bust still - I think that if he had played against Richmond in the prelim, the game suddenly becomes a lineball prospect. Even if Jenkins only plays when one of them is hurt, it still works.

Well I was hoping the Pies would get him, because we are lacking the extra tall in the forward line too. But the Cats did surprise me, but I can see your point - you did have some games this year where you also struggled to score. I think Jenkins is a really good player too. I feel like these Adelaide guys could bloom when they got out of there, they just weren't happy there.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
It’s hilarious. You are not only are paying most of his salary for two long years but the pick we get may be lower than the one we gave you.

Never change Crows

The fact that you think getting him at all was winning this deal is hilarious.

Every crows fan is stoked.

Cost you nothing as a backup.

Win-win

I see you've already contracted Jenkins-related down in the dumps syndrome.

Can be temporarily cured by a nice 4 or 5 goal effort against a bottom team.

Only its like herpes, it always comes back eventually.
His highlights seem to mostly be him toweling up Alex Rance so maybe we just wheel him out against the tiges

BigCat1

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
The fact that you think getting him at all was winning this deal is hilarious.

Every crows fan is stoked.

Cost you nothing as a backup.

Win-win
Your mate Marty was claiming a win with his great love the GFC. I'm sorry but you laughably gave a bloke a 5 yr 650K deal.

You gave him away for absolutely nothing, are paying him and also don't have him.

That's not a win. That's scrap value for crashing your uninsured expensive car. If you think that's a win win then the point stands. Never change.

It's been a clusterf$%. If he plays 5 games as Hawkins brain fade insurance we win.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Your mate Marty was claiming a win with his great love the GFC. I'm sorry but you laughably gave a bloke a 5 yr 650K deal.

You gave him away for absolutely nothing, are paying him and also don't have him.

That's not a win. That's scrap value for crashing your uninsured expensive car. If you think that's a win win then the point stands. Never change.

It's been a clusterf$%. If he plays 5 games as Hawkins brain fade insurance we win.

Its a win given where he is currently at.
We are now NOT paying him a few hundred thousand a year to play SANFL and have another pick in the draft.

Its scrap value for an uninsured expensive car WITH NO ENGINE. The car is defective and doesn't work as it should.

You might be able to use it for a soap box derby a few times a year because the wheels still work but dont pretend its still a premium car.

Back