Contracted Josh Jenkins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

radiojake

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
It's weird as last season was by far his best for the Crows and in some games wasreally good - he towelled up Rance in rnd 2 for instance

Just never consistent enough with his physical presence for such a big man

Parker400

Senior List
Suspended
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not the kind of tall we would be after though unfortunately. We'd be more looking at a contested marking key forward.

Wouldn't be too upset to get him for nothing though.
You guys would be more suited towards going for Levi who is free and can mark and would work well with Mitch Lewis imo..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gee if it's a 3rd rounder Pure you would think about it wouldn't you with our current situation?
You'd get him for close to nothing trade wise. That's not the issue.

The issue is that he's 31 next year and still has 3 years to run on decent coin. I don't see too many clubs willing to take that on.

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
Contracted until 2021, two years until his contract is up after this year. Can see him leaving for a second round pick if he continues not to get games, kicked 46 goals last year so he still has ability, just inconsistent

Aussie_boy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Think the Crows would happily take a 6th rounder for him if it meant getting his contract off the books.

No idea who would take him, the Bulldogs perhaps?

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Suspended
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Contracted until 2021, two years until his contract is up after this year. Can see him leaving for a second round pick if he continues not to get games, kicked 46 goals last year so he still has ability, just inconsistent
Sorry but I definitely have to disagree, he's actually quite consistent.

Consistantly slow, lazy and mediocre to be exact.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to not only take him on but his salary as well.

Perhaps he could be North Melbourne's next big fish 😉

AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about his salary to be honest. It was somewhere around 550k a year which isn't that much with the size of caps these days. That being said I'd imagine Adelaide would give him up for a 3rd rounder and maybe even pay 250k a year of salary just to offload him if it comes to that. Really just depends if he can get some form in the SANFL at some point and get another crack at AFL.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Suspended
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about his salary to be honest. It was somewhere around 550k a year which isn't that much with the size of caps these days. That being said I'd imagine Adelaide would give him up for a 3rd rounder and maybe even pay 250k a year of salary just to offload him if it comes to that. Really just depends if he can get some form in the SANFL at some point and get another crack at AFL.
If someone is intellectually challenged enough to give a 3rd Round Selection for Josh Jenkins does that mean we'd get a 1st Round Selection for Tim O'Brien?

I'm sure we'd be more than willing to pay half his salary also 😉

foxdog50

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
$550k a year a fair bit of coin if his playing in the SANFL..

AFL Club
Adelaide
$550k a year a fair bit of coin if his playing in the SANFL..
Agree it is and a sweet gig for a player really though I doubt he'd be the only one in this situation. Obviously it's not ideal though it's one of the challenges of managing a list and never knowing quite when a players form drops off. Until this year he's been worth his paycheck even if a lot of people don't like him though this year he's looked a liability thus far.

Top Bottom