Traded Josh Jenkins [traded with future 3rd to Geelong for #37]

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
His body looks in pretty good shape.If the Crows pick up a bit of his contact. A draft between 40-60 and a $400 k package. Could interest a few clubs as a 2 to 3 year fill in contact.
The only thing that would consern me is his Sanfl form.Is he not trying in the ressies.Good Afl players should perform at the lower level.
So if Adelaide want to trade JJ.They will have to show him off in the senior side. When Himmelberg needs a spell.Probably in a months time.
Think this is right. Could spell Tex in the back half of the season too.

Wouldn't rule out Brisbane. They'll draft a key forward you'd think but he could fit for a couple of years.

gtrxuone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2014
W.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
Think this is right. Could spell Tex in the back half of the season too.

Wouldn't rule out Brisbane. They'll draft a key forward you'd think but he could fit for a couple of years.
Theres just not a lot of big fwds around today.Adelaide have 4 Tex,JJ,Himmleberg+Fogarty.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
God Jerker gets no love.

I mean he has been VERY average this year and definitely has a chip on his shoulder, but the fact is he is a proven goal kicker. In his past 5 seasons he has kicked 40 , 46 , 62 , 45 , 46.

YES he is 30 now, and will turn 31 in February 2020, but he definitely has value to add to a club (Crows or otherwise) for at least 2 more seasons. (2020-2021)

His so called MASSIVE contract is 550k a year, which really isn't even that MASSIVE.

Yes Crows can afford to lose him with Himmelberg & Fogarty ready to slot in at FF (albeit Fog isn't big enough to play 2nd ruck) but they won't give him up for nothing. 200+cm FWD/RUCK that are good shots for goal don't crow on trees.

As annoying as he is, he is being under-rated here.

I'd say a mid second rounder is realistic, for a team who needs a player of his type, with us probably paying a component of his salary to help facilitate that.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I'd say a mid second rounder is realistic,
Not at that age, not while he's not playing AFL too.

If he was in the AFL regularly I'd say 35-40 at best. Right now, 40-50 with the salary contribution.

Clubs over value picks, they aren't handing a pick in the 20s IMO.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not at that age, not while he's not playing AFL too.

If he was in the AFL regularly I'd say 35-40 at best. Right now, 40-50 with the salary contribution.

Clubs over value picks, they aren't handing a pick in the 20s IMO.

I'd say 25-35 is realistic for the right team, with salary contribution from us likely required; but respect your opinion.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out; do we bring him back later in the season to try and pump his value back up, or are we happy to write him off and take what we can get?

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I'd say 25-35 is realistic for the right team, with salary contribution from us likely required; but respect your opinion.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out; do we bring him back later in the season to try and pump his value back up, or are we happy to write him off and take what we can get?
I think if you keep winning it'd be hard to argue to bring him in.

His best value may be as a sweetener to a bigger deal.

As annoying as he is, he is being under-rated here.

I'd say a mid second rounder is realistic, for a team who needs a player of his type, with us probably paying a component of his salary to help facilitate that.

Hes 31 and in the SANFL. Good luck with that.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I think a pick in the 30s and the Crows carrying $100k of his salary gets it done.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would need to go to a side where he is NOT the number 1 target forward. Not sure he would suit the hawks. Would be a decent partner in crime for Ben Brown.

I think a pick in the 30s and the Crows carrying $100k of his salary gets it done.
You're dreaming if you think you'll get that for him.

A 5th/6th rounder and a quarter of his salary covered.

A genuine salary cap dump, has no trade value at all.

I don’t thinks he’s cooked like some people in here are suggesting, just badly out of form.
Right now his value is probably close to nothing, but if his form improves and plays decently for the back half of the season, I think he could be worth pick 30-45 for the right club, if pay part of his contract.

I doubt his salary would be a major problem for Adelaide, so I don’t think we’ll be desperate to trade him out.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Only 30 this year, thought he was older.

Can't see him appealing to many sides. The only appeal to Adelaide in trading him is creating salary cap space.

He's reportedly on a 5 year, $550k pa deal until the end of 2022. Does anyone really want to pay him that for the next 3 seasons based on 2019 form?

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think is underrated by a lot of fans - Crows included. Just unique situation of being with two other talls who are similarly not great aerially and the changes in game/opponents tactics which made 2017 Crows style unsustainable.

Not convinced you could plug any player in over the last 4 years for 200 goals. Can easily see him being decent for new team.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Worth very little, at AFL level he is a player with obvious weaknesses (and strengths). Now over 30, on big coin, and playing SANFL. He isn't going to get better and he won't be any use in a poor team.
Agreed. Also not a typical 200cm forward. Plays more like a flanker than a proper KPF.

How many teams are in the market now for a 200cm flank?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Since the other JJ thread was closed, I'm starting this as there has been talk he and the club are parting ways at season end.

What's he worth and who would be interested? At his best is actually a good 1 on 1 mark and shot for goal but we all know he's not going to offer much defensively.

Dogs I understand are the leading candidates and would be a good support for English and Naughton.

Two options:
1. Salary dump, crows get a 5th rd pick
2. Crows pay a chunk of his salary, pick 30ish

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Since the other JJ thread was closed, I'm starting this as there has been talk he and the club are parting ways at season end.

What's he worth and who would be interested? At his best is actually a good 1 on 1 mark and shot for goal but we all know he's not going to offer much defensively.

Dogs I understand are the leading candidates and would be a good support for English and Naughton.

Two options:
1. Salary dump, crows get a 5th rd pick
2. Crows pay a chunk of his salary, pick 30ish
Is this in the know info or more based on fit and media speculation? I was not keen on getting him but now I think we could probably use him if the price was right

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is this in the know info or more based on fit and media speculation? I was not keen on getting him but now I think we could probably use him if the price was right
A little 'inside info' about him leaving but speculation about where

Back