Recommitted Josh Kelly [will be a GIANT for life, has signed 8 year extension]

Remove this Banner Ad

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What you asked a question i gave you the answer not that hard . ps no idea what woe is us means you will have to explain that to me
There is a big difference in now and the last 5 years that is what i mean when i say posters no idea of our list or young talent coming through

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is, on the surface, nothing different now to any other time over the last 5 years where star players said no to warchests,
...apart from close to every coach, staff, admin and over half the playing list? The depth of our cleanout on and off field has flown under the radar imo

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No doubt that was one hell of a clean out.
The point being that our previous administration under Scott stank, to the point where player agents were advising their clients not to take up offers (see Kelly). That has ostensibly changed, demonstrated by the additions of Corr and Stephenson despite the turmoil around delistings, finishing 17th, and Shaw stepping down.

That’s not to say Kelly will take up our offer (assuming it exists) this time either, just that we seem much better placed to bring in players now than in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not more than North.

Perhaps. But for some reason, I do not think North may be as keen on him this time around.

And then there is the issue of matching the RFA offer (which I am sure The Giants would do again)

North would have to give up their top 3 or 4 (I assume) if The Giants matched.

Unless the AFL somehow change the rules again between now and then.

If I was North, The Giants match, you walk away. Cannot afford to mortgage their future, no matter how good Kelly is.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
GWS secretly might be hoping they do if they’re having second thoughts on that deal.
No way would we be having second thoughts on the deal. Kelly is the player and person we must strive to build a club around. For us to be successful off the field in twenty years time, it's essential that Josh Kelly remains a one club player.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The chances are that this guy has probably earned more $$$ than Dusty , Danger & Fyfe in his last 7 years of football

Does he want to win a flag or does he just want to earn the most money possible

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The chances are that this guy has probably earned more $$$ than Dusty , Danger & Fyfe in his last 7 years of football

No mathematician here but given the first 2 were draftee standard wages, he extended for 2 more before his breakout year in 2017 and then the big money offers came and he signed for another 2. At this point he signed his current optional 10 year deal of which 1year has been served. So by my maths he has had 4 on average AFL wage at best and 3 at around $800k. Certainly doesn't qualify for any of the mud you've just slung.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How so since the contracts with the a giants have been around the 800k mark.

He got offered more from North, but didn’t take it.
He will stay at the Giants he has proved he dosnt want to play for North.
If he did he wanted to play at North would have been a North player by now and personally I don’t want him.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Will be 26 in 2021. Could easily have another 7-8 years in him.
Joining a team on the rise isn't out of the question considering GWS is probably on a downward slope.
Worth it for the cash and a potential move back to Melbourne I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back